Friday, August 30, 2013

A trip to the meat market

Recently, while riding metrolift, we rode past the meat market.  I have heard very good things about the meat, the low prices, and the excellent quality. 

I'm low carbing.  Why should I buy iffy meats from the supermarket when I can buy delicious fresh meats at the meat market? 

I decided to go.  I checked out the website and everything looked fantastic.  Ron made the trip. 

Now, the way they had set up the trip originally had us there for about 2 hours.  2 hours, in a place with about 3000 square feet of public space. 

He haggled them down.  We also brought the folding chair. 

I got in there and got my bearings.  I looked around in the meat cases.  All the sausage was about $3.80 a pound (that's the price of a "good" TV dinner).  The meat prices seemed competitive.  I saw delicious stew meat and beef neck bones.  I wanted them, but decided to wait until next time. 

I went back to the sausage counter.  I got 2 pounds of smoked breakfast sausage with cheese in it.  I got a pound of regular ground breakfast sausage.  I got a pound of garlic pork sausage.  I got some bacon ends.  They had the ends in small bags, not those 5# behemoths you find at the grocery store.  I also got Ron a pound of Jalapeno Cheddar sausage. 

The summer sausage looked very good, and very good prices, but I have some salami in the fridge and I don't want to waste food. 

Ron was "doing battle" with Comcast customer service, while sitting in his chair.  He wasn't in a very good mood. 

While shopping, I ran into one of our former employees.  My favorite.  I was so happy to see her, I gave her a hug.  I told "The Boss" how lucky she was to have her, and I clearly meant every word. 

Yeah, it was a pretty long wait to go home, but, in my mind, worth it.  And I also figured out how I could work it on the bus. 

No comments: