Saturday, August 24, 2013

What?

When I saw Doc Thursday, he had the medical student (a resident or intern, I believe) file my prescriptions electronically. 

Yesterday I got a call, it was ready.  All $107 worth.  What? 

My stuff should cost about $50.  I knew I had a problem.  I called the pharmacy and the technician started laughing.  "You have blood pressure pills, diabetes medication, and sleeping pills."

I have a dead terror of anything addictive, and I'm adamant about not putting any of that into my body.  It's just begging for trouble. 

Fact: 80% of people with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome have an addiction. 
Fact: 75% of children of alcoholics have an addiction. 
Fact:  I have addicts in my family. 
Fact: I have Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, and I am the child of an alcoholic. 
Fact: the one time I did take a narcotic pain killer, I started liking it way too much, for the 2 weeks I took it (prior to my ovarian cyst surgery). 

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no NEVER would I accept that prescription.  She laughed again and said she would "fix" it. 

After I hung up, I guess the junkie part of my brain started thinking "Sleeping pills could be a really good thing, Heather, maybe you can get them anyway.  After all, they're prescribed.  It's not your fault." 

NO NO NO NO NO NO... you get the idea. 

Praise God, when I got there it had been fixed, and my total was $54, for MY drugs.  [shudder] 

I can't think of anything more terrifying than having something addictive around, and that's taking Ron out of the picture. 

No comments: