Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Where is my mania?

What the hell happened to my mania? 

I feel depressed, raw, hopeless, and enervated.  To top it off, I had one of my PTSD nightmares, this one featuring Ron's family; they are very similar to my other dreams, only the cast changes. 

After that, you'd think my day was dreadful.  It wasn't.  I got up, went to the warehouse, got my snack inventory and stocked it.  Two of our soda machines had burned out lightbulbs.  We got that fixed.  All the machines look great and my customers seem very interested in my new whole wheat cracker lineup. 

We came home, and had a good ride home with a Muslim guy from Pakistan.  He was a really nice guy, and told me that he tends to gain weight during Ramadan.  They can't eat or drink during the day, but when they do, they do!  I thought that was interesting. 

When he first got to America, he used to watch Jerry Springer.  He was pretty horrified.  I can only imagine.  In his country an unfaithful wife is stoned, it's a shameful secret - not paraded on television. 

I came home and had my depression meal of hot dogs and cut up cheese.  I will have to see how that calculates in Fitday.  I took my meds, stayed up for a little bit, and took my nap. 

Torbie got into my bed (she is the older, orange and brown tabby/tortishell mix female I got from the pound this year), and we had a good cuddle for the entire nap.  I had a PTSD nightmare about Ron's family - pretty horrible. 

When I got up I sat in my chair and turned on the TV, drinking a cold beverage.  Torbie came over by my chair and meowed for permission, so I moved my arms and patted my lap, encouraging her.  I got a bonus cuddle for a good half hour.  I gave her a few treats (I always keep cat treats by all the chairs in my house) when I had to get up, luring her onto the loveseat before I moved. 

Then I did my God Time (yeah, it was that kind of morning, but at least I got in the shower, I just slept horribly), and got online (notice the sequence!). 

Now I'm off to have a little fun before I have to go to bed again. 

No comments: