Saturday, August 17, 2013

A man's world?

Boy, Ron is upset. 

It started with the Katydid.  Baby Girl likes to bring one in, now and then, in the morning.  The girls chase it around until it dies.  They're just being cats.  Those bugs are so awful looking with all the legs and all - I let them die. 

So, I'm a murderer.  I'm sure the Buddhists are very upset. 

At any rate, I warned Ron, "Don't go down the hall until I check it.  I don't want you to step on the screaming bug." 

"Thanks" he told me "If I did step on the bug, I wouldn't speak to you for a month." 

"Wait a minute," I said "If that's the case, go ahead and walk down the hall."  I get really tired of his negativity and "Reality isn't real" tirades.  It's offensive and annoying to be talked down to because I choose to live in my existence.  I would love a break. 

He got very upset and said, fine, he wouldn't talk to me outside of work.  I just shrugged my shoulders and got ready for work. 

We went to the warehouse, got some supplies, and went to work.  I stocked them.  The crackers are doing very well, and they have an excellent food cost.  I want them in my coils. 

We did that, Ron was fine. 

Then on the way home he was listening to Aretha, and she was singing "It's a man's world". 

I told him "No, it's not". 

He disputed the point. 

"Fine," I replied.  "I'll stay home Monday and you'll see how much you need me." 

He got upset and said that would be "cruel".  I told him, it sounded like he did need me after all.  Maybe it wasn't just a man's world.  He made some crack about paying the bills. 

I hate how he holds that over me.  He can only pay the bills because I am his caregiver, and I work with him.   He acts like he's working 60 hours a week while I'm at bridge club. 

So, now he's sulking and ignoring, me, while doing things to bait me so I "have" to talk to him (playing the radio loud enough to disturb the neighbors). 

I just plan to ignore him.  If he wants to act badly that's on him. 

No comments: