Saturday, August 10, 2013

Tax Free Weekend

I didn't get enough sleep last night.  I woke up pretty depressed. 

Ron and I went to Walmart, Tax Free Weekend.  I wanted t-shirts, and socks.  I have plenty of everything else. 

I just couldn't find what I wanted, some cute black or colored pocket-t's.  I guess the store sold out yesterday.  They did have a good deal on the white t-shirts, which I put aside for further consideration. 

I found the socks I wanted, and got 2 packets, enough to last me a couple weeks, not counting what I already have.  I guess maybe the shopping, morning pills, or quality time with Ron (we had the special cart where he can sit) got me a little manic.  I decided to make my own, tie-dyed t-shirts.  They didn't have white pocket white, but that's OK.  I got the shirts, they had plenty, and then went looking for fabric dyes. 

"My" Walmart has a modest little craft section.  I was able to find an assortment.  I got the blues.  I liked all 3 of the colors.  Like I told Ron, this will be a nice project when I'm manic.  The dye about equals my quantity of shirts.  I don't need to buy every dye and shirt in the world to make a few shirts for myself. 

For years, I had a navy and turquoise tie-dyed t-shirt.  I loved that thing.  It wasn't exactly slimming but it was fun to wear. 

I wear men's pocket t's at work, because they are more modest.  They have a higher neckline, and a lower hemline.  I got tired of "woman" shirts pullling up above my waist when I did lifting.  Not to mention the necklines and my bigger chest were getting a LOT of attention. 

That's not what I want, so I went to the Men's Department.  Now, overall I am very happy.  The shirts are good quality and they have some nice selections.  However, the colors are pretty drab. 

It will be nice to perk things up. 

Ron wanted to buy me a treat, so I got some iced tea powder and some dip.  He got cat treats. 

Boy, Baby Girl was thrilled to see the 10 ounce bag of cat treats, as I put them away.  She's a funny girl. 

I believe God sent Baby Girl to help balance me when I'm depressed.  She is also a huge comfort to Ron.  We've been having a lot of fun playing "Chase the laser pointer". 

The cat needs to play every day, even if I don't "feel" like it.  So I start, and then I feel better when I have. 

We had good rides because we went VERY early, we got home by 8:30.  Ron suggested I take a nap, because I didn't sleep well.  I did that. 

I slept a long time, got up at 1.  Really depressed.  I've done what I can to take care of myself/us/cats.  It's just a battle. 

I am so ready for God to come and get me. 

No comments: