Tuesday, August 27, 2013

"Me and your husband gonna party"

Say what? 

She seemed normal enough as I got on the paratransit vehicle.  We chatted a little about my cat and the cat door.  She'd never seen one. 

Then she mentioned the house for rent (the majority of our subdivision homes are owner-resident, though).  I told her I didn't know the rent, but "We're pretty quiet here, so if you like to party you might want to look for something else." 

She very rudely accused me of being a racist.  I told her I had also told a driver we were quiet, and he thanked me, because he did like to party and didn't want a lot of conflict.   She shut up about the racist thing when she saw Ron "OH, I remember you, we rode a while back" . 

Ron, by the way, is a light skinned black man.  Clearly a black man.  I imagine a bigot would have a difficult time married to an "inferior" race for 21 years.  [rolleyes] 

Anyway, the conversation got wierder.  She started talking about all the wild parties her family had, parking in other people's driveways during the party (did they have permission?).  "We go all up and down the block, every time!" 

She kept watching me intently, I wasn't sure what she wanted.  I nodded slightly and turned to face Ron, chatting with him. 

We had a short ride.  We arrived quickly, thank God.  When we got there the other woman said "I bet your husband likes to party.  We gonna party sometime.  We could have a good time, he and I."  I just stared at her, baffled, before I got off. 

My morning meds can make me a little groggy, so I ran it past Ron.  Yes, she had accused me of being racist.  Yes, she was "threatening to take him away" - but Ron made his opinion really clear on the subject (he cannot abide ignorant women), yes, things were as wierd as I thought. 

I wonder what they have as her disability, on the paperwork. 

Oh, well.  I'm sure I came off "stupid" but I would rather be seen as stupid, than an enemy. 

No comments: