Saturday, August 24, 2013

Don't make me cry

Thank God, I'm back online. 

First thought - if you want to share your version of the "True Gospel", then I invite you to start your own blog.  You will not be using mine as a forum, thank you very much. 

That said, oh, I missed you. 

I don't like to bash.  I really don't.  However, I will relate a little history.  Years ago, Ron got me AT&T DSL.  It worked fine for years, and I loved it.  However, that modem died, and they sent us a new one.  The second modem only lasted a year, until about this time last year. 

About this time, I talked Ron into turning off the land-line.  We seldom use it anyway. 

When I got my new modem, every time (all 3 modems) they either had no installation disk or the wrong one.  I always had to call tech support, and last time, the tech was so nasty she drove me to tears.  It takes a lot to make me cry, but she was very rude and impatient with me.  Note this. 

So, when this modem died I nearly cried again at the thought of all the drama.  However, our cable salesman told us he'd be happy to hook us up with new internet, at a lower price, whenever we wanted. 

Might I add, at this point, that Comcast has been completely awesome to us?  It's all been good with them. 

Ron called the salesman and got it set up.  The tech came out yesterday.  He was very nice.  He did everything.  Everything.  No unpleasant phone calls to tech support.  I just get online.  That's what I want. 

The bundle (yes, I know the bundle will end one day, but even when it does it will still be cheaper than what we were paying for satellite TV, and AT&T internet) is far more affordable than our previous bills, and I'm very happy.  So's Ron. 

Moral of the story, if you don't want to lose my business, don't make me cry. 

No comments: