Tuesday, March 26, 2013

James 4:4

OK, I've got my kevlar. 

The Bible condemns the gay lifestyle, and by extension, gay marriage.  Not only in the Old, but the New Testament.  It is wrong. 

Therefore, I cannot say it is a right, good, thing.   I can't.  Sorry. 

Ron says it well "When God says it (gay lifestyle/marriage) is OK, I'll say it's OK." 

I'll let the Bible itself make my finishing statement. 

James 4:4

New King James Version (NKJV)
4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that gay marriage is also wrong. However in the Bible God does not equate the homosexuality as anymore a terrible in degrees of sin as he does liars, adulterers, murderers, etc.

I often wonder why the churches focus so much on homosexuality and ignore other sins that may be secret and being done by those who sit in church on Sundays.

One reason could be the medias trying to make this seem mainstream and normal thus the reason they are so focused on this one sin.

I wonder if such shortsightedness is a trick of the devil to make people less focused on other sins and only on this one.

Heather Knits said...

I agree - all sin offends God.

However, all sin offends God EQUALLY. Gossip is as bad as murder, which is as bad as adultery, which is as bad as fornication... which is why we need Jesus' sacrifice to atone for our sin and make us clean before God. :)