Saturday, March 2, 2013

How?

Boy, I am beat.  I slept 12 hours straight, my only problem being I only had one water bottle.  I needed a couple, I got dried out with the heater running. 

It is really hard for me to type the word heater - because it's so close to my name! 

We got up, went to Walmart.  Here's an example of how I try to live my life -how anyone can do this.  I bought various remedies and keep them in a bag by the door.  If I have a driver who's sick, I can give him/her whatever remedy is appropriate. 

This year has been a bad one for sinus infections, so I got a nice basic sinus combo medication on the 88 cent shelf.   They get several doses; it's good stuff, exactly what I took when I had sinus trouble.  I also got cough drops.  You can do this. 

This morning my driver was battling a sinus infection.  She said she had a lot of sick clients yesterday.  I gave her a box of (non-drowsy) medicine and some cough drops.  Easy.  She was delighted.  She has a baby at home and wants to get over this before the baby gets sick. 

When I got to Walmart, I got a few more remedies and another bag of cough drops.  It's a very small thing but it means a lot.  If I worked in an office, I would have a drawer with snacks and remedies for my co-workers.  When I did work in an office, I always had a candy bowl; they knew I had remedies as well, but not in my desk (I should have). 

When I got off the van, I told her I'd be praying.  And I will. 

One of my spiritual gifts is nurturing.  I try to put a lot of miles on it. 

See, if we're going to represent Jesus, we have to represent.  The "Church Ladies" are notorious on the paratransit service.  They are rude, demanding, entitled, obnoxious, combative (some get into fights), and ugly.  God doesn't want that for us.  Ugly behavior shames Him to the unreached. 

This is what God wants for us: 1 Corinthians 13.  If you don't click, here're the highlights: Longsuffering, kind, gentle.  Fruits of the spirit,  love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, self-control.  Of course, in my case all these are better when my medication's right! 

Do I think I am something special?  No.  I'm just a tool God uses. I've said that before.  I am willing, I am obedient.  I go where He sends me.  Anyone can work for God if they are willing and obedient.  I'm not a teacher - I'm an evangelist.  I nuture.  That's it. 

I hope that my blog does encourage others to reach out and see how God wants to use them.  I believe every believer is called to share their faith (evangelism). 

The question for each of us is "How?" 

No comments: