Saturday, March 16, 2013

Best thing ever

I don't do ads on my blog.  I think it takes away from the purity. 

However, now and then I find something awesome. 

Ron begged me to go with him, to get some fried chicken. 

He needed me to get into the store, etc.  He hasn't "done mobility" on that (where I teach him the layout of the store and how to get from A to B). 

At one point, I taught Ron how to walk over a pedestrian overpass, over a freeway, to get to a park he liked.  He's very clever. 

I told him I could go, and I did.  As long as I didn't have to eat the chicken (I am not a fan of chicken, if you ever have me over the worst dish ever would be chicken and onions), I'd be happy to go. 

So, we went.  Ron got a 4 piece.  I got a giant bucket of diet soda.  It had a handle on it.  I was thrilled. 

The chicken place shares a parking lot with a pet food store. 

Well, I thought, we can use some more cat treats.  I can't really go shopping, not with this headache, but I can get some cat treats.  I also wanted to get some hairball stuff for Bubba. 

It is a traumatic experience for us both; I hold him down and basically mount him, holding his mouth open and squirting the nasty, sticky hairball remedy into his mouth.  I generally get it all over me, him, and the floor. 

But he's shedding, and he needs the medicine. 

I was looking in the treats and I found this:  http://www.petfooddirect.com/Product/6948/Friskies-Hairball-Remedy-Chicken-Flavored-Tender-Treats-for-Cats  It's a soft cat treat, for hairball prevention. 

I considered it for a while, and figured, worst case, Baby Girl would eat them.  I put them in the cart.  I also got some tuna treats. 

When we came home, I found Bubba lying in our bed.  I called him as I opened the bag, and he gobbled several treats.  He loves them.  He ate more today. 

Yea!  No more hairball trauma! 

I also caught Bubba eating grass today, too.   Good boy.  He's sitting next to me, on top of the exercise bike, right now. 

No comments: