Monday, March 4, 2013

"I never feel sick, until I look at my medication"

People, mothers in particular, are starving for children's Bibles.  I keep giving them away! 

Today I found myself thinking, "Maybe I should stop telling people I have these", but that didn't last long.  My goal is to always be running out of Bibles.  God wants me to do this, God will provide the Bibles. 

I hope He hurries.  I have about 25 left! 

Today I woke up tired.  My hair was OK so I didn't need to wash it.  It has been kind of frizzy and dry using the cheap product.  The leave-in stuff I've been using is kind of greasy. 

I have a very limited budget, but I figured I could go for some Pantene.  I used to love the 3 minute deep conditioner.  I'd wash with the 2-in-1, rinse, apply the deep conditioner about halfway up the hair, and clip it up on top of my head as I washed the rest of me. Then I'd let my hair down and rinse it.  My hair always looked great, to my recollection. 

They stopped making the 3 minute conditioner sometime after I cut my hair.  They also got rid of the in-shower body lotion (which I really liked). 

I had a little time to get online after I did my God Time, so I did that.  Ron is very stressed about money so I kept my music way down.  He woke up about half an hour before work. 

We went to work; sales were disappointing.  Snacks didn't look too bad but I need to stock.  I got the delivery and stocked what I could.  We need to get some inventory tomorrow - I made a list on my cell phone. 

The notepad feature is probably my favorite.  I love making notes for work - what sodas are needed, what snack inventory, etc. 

We left, Ron in a sour mood after counting the money.  We came home for a little while and then on to Walmart.  I got my medication ($73). 

It was a profoundly sad moment, checking all my medication and lining it up on the counter, off to the side, and verifying I had gotten everything I paid for, proper meds, proper doses, proper quanities.  I had a long row of medication bottles. 

"I never feel sick, until I look at all my medication!" I told the technician. I had about 7 bottles, a 3 month supply.  It's odd to think I will swallow every single pill in the next 3 months. 

I stuffed it all in my backpack (barely) because I am paranoid about losing my medication.  I went and looked at the hair products.  I decided the Pantene Perfect 10 was in my price range.  2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner and some leave in creme.  It should last me a while.  If it doesn't work, I won't feel robbed, either. 

I got some personal stuff for us, I found some diet soda 2 liters, for instance.  Ron had said he wanted a plate lunch, but then changed his mind.  I bought a plate lunch with things we both liked and we split it. 

I checked out.  The cashier may have taken $5 from me - I am certain I gave her $15, she said I only gave her $10.  However, if she did steal, God saw it and she will be held to account.  If she didn't steal, I'm just medicated and need to be more careful; but I'd rather err on the side of assuming *I* screwed up. 

I would hate to get someone fired and then God told me later I was wrong.  Besides, they have cameras everywhere on the front lanes.  If she did wrong, it's on camera.  I don't need to worry about getting justice, God will provide it.

After all that I went and did my deposit.  I have a couple of things that come out every month and one is almost due.  I was glad to get that out of the way. 

Then I went over to Ron and we ate, while waiting on our ride.  It was a nice driver, one we like.  She told me another driver we like has been pretty sick.  I'm glad I pray for the drivers daily, anyway, but I will definitely send up some extra for Carlton.  He is a really nice guy, and an excellent driver. 

We came home, I took my medication (all the PM pills) and got my nap.  I woke up exhausted but if I don't get up it will screw up my sleep cycle. 

I don't want that. 

1 comment:

Jillian said...

I know there are some awesome home remedies for deep conditioning hair, too..you could google them. A concoction with mayonnaise comes to mind, but don't quote me on that..