Saturday, March 23, 2013

Saturday

I can see why my doctor wants to run some blood tests.  My fatigue and brain fog are definitely affecting my life. 

I am able to work, though.  I got up at 5, did my God Time, went to the warehouse.  I got some supplies, drinks for Ron (Ron tends to manage the drinks end of the business), some snack items (they're going crackers for crackers), cookies, etc. 

Then we went to work.  I'm glad I have a strong body, if nothing else.  I had to do a lot of heavy lifting; with even more to come on Monday. 

Not complaining, it's my job.  At least I didn't sweat a lot today.  The Wellbutrin can make my face sweat profusely.  It looks like I'm on something illegal, or very stressed.  One customer patted my shoulder one day.  [grin]  I have some good customers. 

I saw some face antiperspirant at the store, apparently I would apply it to my face in the morning, like regular underarm antiperspirant.  I would definitely use that if I worked in food prep or an office type job. 

Although, it's been my experience, when I explain I am on medication, people are very sympathetic.  People are a lot better than I used to think. 

So, got that all done.  The snack machines are looking better and better.  I have resolved to buy some hot cheetos.  I see a big customer demand, unmet at present, by the other vendor.  I can get a 50 count case pretty cheaply. 

We had another complaint about the coffee machine; and it's out of service for now.  Ron and I spent a lot of time on it. 

I "made" Ron work on it while I stocked the snacks.  At least the snacks will make us money today. 

The coffee machine just loses money.  We spend so much on inventory (very expensive inventory) and repairs, we lose money.  If it were up to me, we'd just have a big percolator, cream, and sugar.  75 cents a cup.  [sigh]  It's not up to me, though. 

We are "on the list" for a new coffee machine, and the new ones are far more reliable than our current model. 

Everything else was fine.  I like working weekends; the customers see we are working people just like them.  It's quiet.  My favorite people are around. 

Since Ron's shortcut exit was closed, I put him in the wheelchair and gave him a ride to the bus stop.  Then I brought the wheelchair back and locked it up. 

Ron uses his Medicare wheelchair at work.  Both arms are broken, but he finds it very comfortable.  We have another wheelchair at home; the frame is welded steel.  It is very rugged and great for travel, but a little rough riding for Ron.  I prefer it because the handles are higher on the back.  We've been all over in that chair. 

We bought it 4 years ago, and it only cost us about $140 delivered.  The chair has certainly paid for itself. 

We came home for a little bit.  I did my henna allergy test. 

I don't know if I told you, but I went to the Indian (as in, the subcontinent) Import store the other day.  I bought some brown henna (I have used that, and like it), and some purple henna.  Henna basically coats the hair, it doesn't penetrate.  It gives a tint, not a hue. 

However, it does come from nature and you should do an allergy test with any hair color.  One lady died a while back - she was getting her hair dyed, went into anaphylaxis (had to look up that spelling), and died right there in the beauty salon. 

I would rather not go like that.  Although, I do wonder.  I noticed my hands felt kind of itchy and tingly when I stocked the peanut butter crackers today. 

As I was reading the inserts (yes, I always read the insert) I noted they suggest mixing the henna with lemon juice, and NOT using boiling water.  They also suggest you let the paste sit for a couple hours before you apply it.  After application, let it sit a few hours before rinsing. 

I'm surprised I got any color, using henna, before: I used plain boiling water.  No lemon juice.  I put it on right away, and only left it on for an hour.  I got good results, though, and I was very happy. 

So, I'm really excited to try it the "right" way.  I made up a little of the "plum" and a little of the brown.  I noticed it got really brown, right away, as soon as I added the lemon juice.  I find that really encouraging.  Pretty much my hair color, too. 

I put a little dab of each and then tried to cover it with a bandaid, but I couldn't figure the bandaids out.  Properly medicated, I have a hard time with the toilet paper dispenser. 

I finally got it, and went to Walmart. 

It was pretty busy.  I looked at deodorant, didn't buy any.  Then I went to the cat section and spent most of my money.  Clumping litter.  A really big stainless steel water bowl, and 12 cans of cat food.  I bought myself some iced tea powder (sugarfree) and some instant lemonade.  I love lemonade.   Milk.  Sugarfee instant pudding.  Done. 

I got Ron and I lunch from the deli, and ate it standing next to him (he sat on the bench).  Our ride was a little late, but not bad, considering it was a weekend afternoon.  We even got a straight ride home. 

When we got home, I took my nap.  I have a lot of fatigue.  I'm not whining - I signed up for this.  I know it's the price I pay for sanity. 

I had a great nap with Bubba. 

When I got up, I got rid of the old water bowl.  Since we have memory issues, Ron and I had a gallon sized plastic water bowl.  It got mineral deposits, and I wasn't happy with it overall. 

I got a nice food grade stainless bowl, about the same size, for $5 today.  It seemed like a good idea, and I'm glad I did it.  If nothing else it sure looks nicer than the old bowl.  When I put it up on the table, full of water, Baby Girl went right for it and had a good drink. 

I got rid of the old bowl.  Ron had a "look" at it, and likes it.  He is in charge of keeping the water filled.  I do the food (I cheat with a 3 pound endless feeder). 

Later on, I found my lunch, which I had forgotten to put in the fridge.  After all day at room temperature, you couldn't pay me to eat it.  Ron fed his leftover chicken strips to the cats, after careful debreading. 

Ron was looking for Baby Girl.  I looked outside and saw her in the backyard.  I called her and she came in, then I gave both cats a can of liver and chicken, Walmart brand, wet food.  They love it. 

A lot of my neighbors seem to have visitors.  I hope to go to bed early tonight; but we'll see. 

I want to change the litter and vacuum around the boxes, take out some trash, and finish the laundry tonight. 

Tomorrow I intend to mow the yard.  It seems really difficult. 

I have to remind myself it is OK to have less energy; I have a condition that would kill me, without medication.  If I had seizures, cancer, or heart trouble, I'd be willing to put up with fatigue and brain fog: so I had better be willing to accept some side effects to stay alive and sane! 

Doc agrees, though he does tend to run a lithium level in a few months.  Maybe he can reduce my dose.  If not, I'll just suck it up. 

No comments: