Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Poulty Platter

I can't have a boring day. 

I try, I strive, for boring.  I never get it. 

It started off pretty tame, I slept in (day off, work tomorrow night).  I got up, took my shower.  I really like my hair.  I need to get a good photo and put it up. 

We went to Walmart.  I got another covered litter box. 

You see, I figured out, if I look at my entire list of chores I'll get depressed again, but I could, at least, vacuum the computer room and transition to the covered box, today.  That worked pretty well until my vacuum bag exploded. 

Now, my vacuum is old, about 12 years or so.  It cost me $40 back then.  It does a decent job getting junk off the carpets, but I don't run it very often.  I can't use the vacuum on the tile floors.  I have to sweep and then mop (and boy do I need to do just that!). 

I am generally pretty blase about my lack of housekeeping, but I will admit I am embarrassed to say, I don't know the age of the vacuum bag.  I think it just died of old age and an overdose of clean cat litter.  Baby Girl likes to throw clean litter all around the box before making her deposit.  It's the only thing I don't like about her. 

Bubba, of course, only goes outside, behind my rose bush.  One huge reason he is Mommy's favorite.  That, and he sleeps with me. 

Of course, I couldn't find any more bags.  I need to buy more. 

Ron did like the dollar store carpet freshener.  Gardenia.  The carpet looks and feels so much better.  After a can of Poultry Platter, Baby Girl went right in the new box and did her thing.  Good girl. 

Good.  No more cleaning, cleaning, endless cleaning up the cat litter on the floor, in here, any more.  Now I just need to do that for Ron's room.  We have 3 boxes: one in the front room, one in the computer room (one room back), and one in Ron's room, one room back from here. 

My house is somewhat styled in the "shotgun" fashion, one room wide in places.  I like it. 

While I was at Walmart, I got some sliced deli meat.  I considered getting some cheese but went with cottage cheese instead: cottage cheese is not a migraine trigger in anyone's book.  Deli cheese could be a migraine trigger and I have had enough of the little [censored]s lately. 

I was happy I got some decent food for me, cat food, and the litter box.  I am happy I eliminated half my litter box cleanup trouble.  I'll get Ron's room after I get the new bags. 

The litter box issue is probably the most urgent.  When I'm depressed, I don't have the energy to vaccum every day or two. 

With the new bags, I can vacuum up the mess in Ron's room (clean litter) and convert to another covered box.  Baby Girl is fine with the covered box, as long as we take off the door.  She hates the door; so it's off, and she's happy.  She looks so cute with her little head sticking out of the box. 

I'm glad I got the Poultry Platter Pate by Friskies.  I gave them a can last night; Bubba liked it as well as he likes any can, but Baby Girl was sadly licking the empty foam plate all day today (I feed wet food on a styrofoam plate, and then throw it out).  She was very good, so I gave them a can.  She is still licking the crumbs off the plate - she's never done that with any food. 

I think I need to get her some more of these things. 

When Ron found her, I did not want to adopt her because I knew she would mean more work for me.  I am OK with some work, but I need to minimize my chores in general.  Changing the box style means I will have a lot less work - sign me up. 

Other than that, she doesn't need much.  We have the endless food bowl; a large water bowl full of clean water.  Ron is very good about playing with her - and she lets him know by climbing into her paper bag.  It makes a lot of noise, letting Ron know "Let's play get the stick".  He gets out the toys and they have a good time; so good he worries about waking me up. 

During the day, she is often found lying on or next to Ron.  She is completely a Daddy's girl.

I haven't mowed the yard yet.  It still looks OK out front.  I got a flyer from a company offering to do my yard for $120 a month for weekly service, or $64 for biweekly.   I can't afford that; so I might take the yard into little bites; do part of it every day, for a couple days.  The front yard is very small.  Do that one day.  Do the side yard (I only have one side yard) the next day.  Do the back portion and my garden area on the third day. 

Or, get the whole thing when I'm manic, but that isn't very often these days.  Doc would consider that a very good thing, and even I don't miss them. 

My old manias were a lot like a hostage situation. 

No comments: