Monday, March 18, 2013

Better person

I slept in late and skipped my God Time.  I don't exactly feel like Christian of the year (I plan to get it in a little bit, after eating).  I was pretty worn out, all the running around and working this weekend. 

Self employed, I have to work when I'm selling.  If the machines are generating money, I have to stock them. In order to stock them, I have to buy inventory. 

At any rate, stepping away from the machines today, I felt pretty good, even though we still have a lot of people in the training class.  In fact, that leads me to something interesting. 

You have all seen me go on and on, ranting about "the guy who ran over Ron".  Well, today he came into *our* area.  He stepped right in front of Ron's handcart as he began to pull. 

I was "kneecapped" once for quite a while, when a "helpful" person shoved the handcart, at full momentum, into the back of my knee.  Praise God I didn't rip anything but I limped around for weeks. 

I had a choice, and I found myself saying "Ron, don't run over [driver name]!"   The man turned around, looked behind him, and laughed.  Ron and I laughed.  That's what God can do. 

MELANIE DON'T READ. 

The only other time that happened, Ron and I were having very harsh times.  I had basically tried to leave him when I moved to Texas, but he came along at the same time.  I had planned to move and then tell him I didn't want him anymore.  This was a few months later. 

Ron was drinking, but not too much.  He kept an empty Gatorade one quart bottle by his air mattress, on the floor in the living room of my apartment. 

Since he had to pass through my bedroom to get to the bathroom, he decided to urinate in the bottle.  It works a lot better than a urinal, it has a nice screw cap so it won't spill like the urinals. 

Anyway, the previous night he had used the bottle.  We were talking about something and he reached down, absently.  He picked up the bottle, unscrewed the cap, and began to bring it to his lips. 

"Don't drink it!" I found myself shouting.  Ron stopped, sniffed, gagged, and immediately started retching. 

Sometimes, I'm a better person than I think.

[God gets the credit on that] 

2 comments:

Melanie said...

LOLOLOL! That was funny ( and very kind) of you to warn me of potential nausea-inducing description ahead! But human nature being what it is, I couldn't keep my eyes averted, so caught some of it. I could've sworn that I've read that urine just passed is sterile, unless the area through which it passes is unusually "germy" or something. I don't really see how that works, but don't intend to ever be in a position to have to care, Lol.

Heather Knits said...

It was apparently pretty rank, Melanie. I didn't sniff it.

Due to mobility issues, he still uses a bottle at times, but he keeps them hidden and rinses them out every day.

I had just read you talking about your gag reflex and vomiting, and I thought "Melanie will toss it for sure if she reads this without a warning!" LOL