Friday, March 29, 2013

Budget

Well medicated, I have no problem sticking to a budget, setting a little aside for emergencies, new glasses, charity debits, etc.   Like I told Ron, my pay is essentially an allowance because my only "bills" are a couple of charity things. 

I finished paying off that old hospital thing last year.  Boy, that took forever.  I wouldn't have minded if I had felt like I got $1,300 worth of care.  I did not. 

I told Ron we probably need to cut my pay again; if it comes down to buying inventory or getting my "whole" check, I'm fine with getting less.  He didn't like the concept. 

I took $100 cut on each paycheck, starting last year.  Overall, I haven't really missed it.  I have found I am more deliberate in my spending. 

However, this post isn't about money.  I've been thinking about my energy level.  If I only have 5-6 hours of energy every day, how do I want to spend them?  How much gets allocated to work, housework, etc.  How much to fun? 

Do I really want to watch reruns on TV with that energy? 

I need to figure that out.  I want to balance work, housework, yardwork (I still need to mow!) and fun.  Somehow, I'll figure it out. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Energy budgets, I agree should be well spent!