Thursday, January 31, 2013

Roll Call

Well, I prayed about it and decided to share my half of why my friend came over. 

He feels I am "undressing" Ron online by sharing his bad behavior.  He told Ron I was relating this and Ron got upset.  As I told them, everything I have written about Ron and his behavior, has been 100% true. 

"You don't want me to tell the truth?" I asked. 

[shrug]  I'm still working on it, but a Christian Counselor friend of mine was pretty outraged.  I have a lot of online friends. 

Someone said "Heather, your honesty in sharing your struggles has encouraged me to share mine".  Then I got an in-box on a message board "Heather, I really want to share what you related about forgiveness with a friend, can I do that?"  Of course. 

It certainly seems like God is telling me not to shut up. 

Like I told her, I would hope my pain can help others.  Maybe inspire them.  Maybe encourage them.  Maybe make them think "Well, at least my life isn't that bad!"

After all, as regards the unreached "The world does not read the Bible.  It reads you and me".  (Corrie Ten Boom)

Maybe, by reading my blog, someone will be led to faith, or strengthen their own.  Maybe not. 

Because I shared. 

This seems like a shameless grab, but if I could get a kind of roll call - if you could let me know if all my gory struggles have helped you out with your own - that would be great.  You can leave an anonymous comment.  Sorry for the security features, but I have a lot of problems with spam. 

Thanks. 

10 comments:

Delivered said...

You are a blessing to me and you truly walk with the Lord. That is so inspiring to me and helps me do the same. When im in a bind or feel bad i think about you and your relationship and dependance on the Lord. I think your AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

I think your honesty is refreshing. I enjoy your writing and it would be a shame if you censored yourself.

Mark said...

I think you should do what you feel is right Heather. Sometimes keeping a blog where you do not " open it up so much is a fine place to vent, but yes if family, church friends, whatever, who know and recognize you are reading this, than it is right to leave Ron out.
Ron is drinking himself to death, the anmount and type of booze is so damaging he looks 20 years older than he is. YOU DID NOT MAKE HIM DRINK, he chooses not to find recovery be self educating and indulging his addiction. I say while you are turning it over to God , turn it over to Ron as well ..you do a great job of this by not buying Booze and leaving him where he falls. But yup as long as folks know you in real life, they will feel compelled to comment, get ncolved, create drama ect! Ron knows and participated honestly. But now because the point was made I agree with your friend, if you had a private one ( I don't use my name and post no photos of " us" so I can vent away.

Anonymous said...

You paIn helps and validates others, Your friends in real life are always going to butt in, my friend let compelled to tell me " you need to color your hair"
And really, no I don't ! While they mean well friends are not always right or correct.

Anonymous said...

What kind of " friend" tattles? This is your blog! He should have talked to you in private Heather!

Heather Knits said...

Thank you, guys. I am very touched.

[happy tears]

I will pray on it and figure out God's will for me. I got a good Bible Verse this morning, basically God says "Stand back and let Me work". So, I'll do that.

Jillian said...

I think that whether you mention Ron in your blog or not should be up to you and Ron. No one else. I can understand why he wouldn't want his "dirty laundry" aired on the internet, but I can also understand your need to share. For all of the difficult things you share about Ron, you also share a lot of good things and your dedication to your marriage. Does he know about those parts? It's easy for people to focus on the negative, but Ron should know that you say a lot of GOOD things about him too!

I find your blog very inspirational. Not in a compare-and-contrast way, as I think all struggles are relative to the situation, but simply because of who you are, your strong faith, your integrity and your honesty. :) Whether or not you mentioned Ron, I'd still read your blog, to me it's to read about your journey. THAT is what I find inspiring!

Heidi said...

Ditto ! I only come when there are no politics or elections ;)

Heather Knits said...

Heidi, ironically that's what started the whole thing - Ron wanted to talk politics, I didn't. He didn't want to hear it.

Anonymous said...

Chiming in late, but your openness about mental illness is refreshing and helps me understand my mom's struggles, because she doesn't like to talk about it, so thanks!