Sunday, January 20, 2013

3-2-1 Takeoff

Ok, I set up my Fitday with all the measurements and my weight.  It's in the sidebar, under "interesting links".  Last night I ate the last of the leftover pizza and a pint of ice cream, woke up with a horrible headache and some aches. 

I'll get it.  It was interesting, when I plugged in my food I had eaten about 1100 calories.  Yet I burned around 2500 calories. 

I didn't even eat particularly low carb, either, but I did keep it under 100, which is my new "Must do".  My percentages looked OK too. 

I also noted I had only gained 5 pounds since last June.  That's encouraging, even eating terribly I must be at a "set point". 

I was able to get to, and maintain, 170, pretty easily.  I intend to aim for that.  When I met Ron I was very underweight from years of antidepressants, and looked awful at 122.  I'd love to get to 140 but I don't think that is practical. 

I also reset my baseline to "seated".  I would rather underestimate the calories I burn than overestimate. 

I'm pretty sure calorie counting is going to be a part of my eating plan.  I'm OK with that.  I am doing a pretty generous plan. 

Now, ideally I would do an induction - but if I "have" to do an induction I won't do it.  I know that.  So, I will just jump into my moderate carb, lower calories eating plan.  Fitday suggests 1,300 a day.  I can do that. 

As I get healthier I'm sure I will resume the weights and working out.  I am pretty achy right now, though.  A muscle on my back, on the right, at the bottom of the rib cage, has been very unhappy for a while now.  I think as I detox from sugar and grains, eating generous amounts of protien, it will heal.  Then I can look into light weights to start. 

I can NOT afford to f-up my back.  I am the heavy lifting of the operation, literally.  Maybe I can get Ron in the wheelchair and take him for "walks".  That would be fun, exercise and quality time. 

Ron, and my doctor, are both pretty worried about my health.  I didn't plan it this way, but I will be formally starting my "diet" on his birthday. 

Ron wants gumbo, a reigonal dish.  He likes it with chicken, sausage, and dark roux.  I don't like gumbo.  I won't be eating any.  I'm happy to fix it for him, but I have no desire to eat it. 

I am sure thousands of Bouttes are rolling over in their graves at that last paragraph.  LOL 

I have some cooked-meat items I bought a while back.  They are already done. 

Since Ron needs to eat better too, I plan to get some salad fixings.  Ron likes salad, if I fix it with some grilled chicken, cheese, bacon bits, and Ken's Buttermilk Ranch dressing.  I like it too.  I can't eat that with my lithium but I can eat a smaller salad and a nice chunk of meat. 

Salad with chicken and lithium - I almost went to the hospital, the stomach pains were horrible.  I never did it again.  [shudder] 

I have to have a pretty good amount of protien and fat when I take the lithium, otherwise I have problems.  Tomorrow, I will probably eat a bunless hamburger or two. 

Those are very easy and I love them.  I have found it easier to feed the buns to the grackles (parking lot birds) than ask them to make it without a bun. 

They can't get it, if I do.  Then I end up with something I didn't want. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could the muscle pain in your chest be from coughing so hard the past month?
I am back on the stick and using a " free" app My Fitness Pal, it is like fitday