Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Robo tripping

Oh, I feel dreadful. 

First, I forgot take my Wellbutrin, so I've got the whole depression thing running around.  When I ate my lunch - a good one, and a lunch I have eaten many times with my pills - well, today it didn't sit right.  So, I'm depressed, horribly queasy, coughing, and sore from coughing. 

Other than that, it's a fine day.  I had it off.  I got a nice shower this morning.  Went to Walmart.  Ron got beer by himself while I was otherwise occupied. 

Oh, I just want to vomit.

I got my vitamins, and my cough suppressant (one reason I don't want to vomit, I have to take that).  I had enough time to get some leggings because I'm a little concerned about the hemline of my church dress when I'm sitting. 

I would rather be a little prudish than cause someone difficulty.  Not that I see myself as a siren or anything, but still, I have seen enough Christian guys with difficulties that I want to be considerate. 

I got cat food, cat litter, and an air filter because my old one was disgusting.  I was lying in bed coughing everytime the heater came on, and I kept thinking "There's a connection, here".  I was right. Changing the filter eliminated the "heater cough". 

It is pretty hard to just type the word heater when my name is Heather.  I keep wanting to make it my name.  Or capitalize it. 

Ron did his thing.  Had to go to the bathroom.  Someone took his seat while we were gone, so I put him into an electric cart that was charging.  I made my deposit.  Yay.  My missionary gets to eat this month (he has a couple of sponsors, not just me). 

I got a few items for a gift.  I found a bounty of fake Diet Dr Pepper 2 liter soda.  I bought as many as I could carry. 

I encountered many people with the same ailment in the remedies aisle of the pharmacy.  We all had the same racking, dry, cough, and a very worried looking mother looking at infant fever reducers.  An old lady ranted about the price of cold tablets, getting Nyquil instead.  I thought it was pretty funny.  Brand names carry a lot of power. 

Me?  I got the generic.  I just hope I don't flip out.  I hear kids will overdose on dextromethorban, what I got, calling it "Robo-tripping" because it really alters reality for them.  I hope, not me. 

I tried to buy things that are easy for me to eat, like whole fat greek yogurt and cottage cheese. I also got some of those premade breakfast biscuits.  Not that I want one now! 

Ron and I had a good ride home.  I had purchased a medium mac and cheese (about 2 cups).  I ate that and took my pills - done it a million times.  I went to bed, coughed a lot, had REALLY wierd dreams (that'll teach me to forget my Wellbutrin), and woke up nauseous. 

I think I'll take my cough suppressant.  I need to sleep.  I have this icky post nasal drip from my sinuses.  I know that's better than blocked, aching, sinuses. I thank God for the drip, really. I just want it to dry up. 

If I can't dry it up just yet, I want to stop coughing. 

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Hope you get well soon!
My husband has what sounds like a similar cough. He's had it for weeks and I think he needs a doctor. Watch out if it doesn't go away..you might need antibiotics if it becomes infected (obviously, I know antibiotics do nothing for a virus..)
As for your cough syrup...you'd have to drink A LOT of it to experience "Robo-tripping" from what I know. Like, gulp down the whole bottle in one sitting..and that would just make most people desperately ill. If your cough medicine is ok'd by your doc with your meds, you should be fine.