Monday, January 28, 2013

I got your nuts

Our cafeteria area at work is about 2 acres, I'd say. 

So, I had to yell.  When I saw my favorite customer putting his lunchbag on the table, I yelled "Hey!  I got your nuts!" 

Heads turned, I realized what I'd said, and I started laughing.  I walked over, still laughing, and my customer raised an eyebrow.  I pointed at the vending machine and he want "Oh!" 

[He had "fired" me Thursday because I'd run out of his favorite peanut item]  "Can I have my job back?" 

"OK" 

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, it was crazy.  Got up, went to church, came home.  As Ron mentioned, the whole process, on paratransit, takes a while.  Once we got home I changed into my "civvies" and we went to the warehouse. 

I had to get those peanuts, you know.  [wink]  I also got some merchandise for my new snack machine.  Ron needed Mountain Dew. 

I got it all.  Boy, it was crowded.  I really prefer "business hours" shopping.  Finally got out there and came home. 

I had about an hour before I had to get to bed.  I took a shower, and Ron commented the drain was very slow.  I told him it's my hair.  When I have long hair it tends to clog the drain.  He suggested pouring a caustic chemical; I said no. 

Ron was reluctant to uncrew the pop-up drain, afraid he would break it.  So, I did, wearing my bathrobe and no glasses (I prayed first).  I extracted a monstrous clump of brown hair, I kept pulling and pulling.  You could have made a wig out of it! 

I was glad I wasn't able to see it very well.  Yuck.  Later, Ron remarked the drain was working perfectly.  Good.  I even got the pop up on again without any trouble (Thanks, Lord). 

Speaking of hair, I need to trim mine.  I have some bad ends and it contributes to hair tangles.  Of course, I act like I should be able to use the cheapest shampoo only and have nice hair.  I'm starting to use the stuff with conditioner in it, to help with the tangles. 

I brush it pretty well every morning, but Houston can be windy and I have an active job.  At any rate, the "nicer" shampoo helps me work out the in-shower tangles without yanking and possibly breaking my hair. 

Later on, at the mall, I stopped by the ethnic hair care store and bought some leave in conditioner and "breakage defense spray".  I almost got the hair relaxer by accident.  That would have been ugly. 

It was interesting, looking at the products.  A lot of them have petroleum jelly and mineral oil.  I don't need that, it's too heavy for me.  However, if Ron and I had a daughter I'm sure she would have gotten his frizzy hair.  I'd braid her hair every morning. 

I have been told, I have "good" hair.  I like it.  I like it better short but the only time I get a compliment is when I have longer hair.  Ron likes it long - so I have it long (about shoulder length).  I wear it in a ponytail which makes me happy.  Like I said, I have an active job. 

I need to get a wide-tooth comb so I can actually work these products into my hair.  I think they will help. 

I don't want to invest in my hair.  I don't mind spending $10 or so on some "helper" products. 

So, I took my shower last night, towel dried my hair, and went to bed.  I had a hard time falling asleep.  I think because I had been running around so much.  I ate "bad" and woke up a pound heavier. 

I got about 6 hours sleep.  I could go to bed right now, but I think that's the Haldol talking. 

I mortally offended our cab driver.  I won't say this to the cab drivers, but a couple years ago some psychos robbed and killed 2 cab drivers.  Ever since then, if Metrolift contracts a cab to take us to work, I warn them to "Drop us and get out of here, it's a bad area."  Today I used the word "Crackheads". 

I have excellent cause to use that word, especially after the http://houstonheather.blogspot.com/2010/10/which-one.html incident.  "You have a drug dealer living here, landlady".  "Oh, which one?  We have 3"

At any rate, he was furious I had "judged" his neighborhood.  With one sentence he said it was a great area, the next he says "I don't notice anything unless it's within 10 feet of me, I don't see anything"  If you don't see anything - like drug deals, why are you not noticing them? 

For 13 miles, I was lectured, all the way to work.  The guy was still steaming when he let us out. 

I decided I will say "Do you know the area where you're dropping us?"  If he says no I can say "It's pretty bad, get out of there".  If he says yes then he doesn't need to be told. 

I had to program 2 vending machines, with only a manual.  God helped me do that.  Ron loaded the change banks and I got everyone stocked.  I got 2 deliveries.  Busy. 

Finally, time to go.  We went to the bank and Ron made a small deposit, then I pushed him to the mall.  We brought the wheelchair, so I could push him.  5 calories a minute! 

I went to the ethnic hair store, and we got some Wendy's.  It was pretty good and low carb (the chili). 

Finally, we're home.  I got flat for a while. 

I lay in bed thinking: "How many people slave all day so they can lie in their bed?  I just did." 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather you have a magnificent mane of hair!
Do you have a " Sallys" near by, you can buy really good but super cheap hair products there

Heather Knits said...

Thank you!

I got some of the "Mane and Tail"
Olive oil Creme. I used it for the first time today. I like it. My ends are really nice, cute, and curly, hair doesn't look greasy. I got a wide tooth comb to work it in better too.