Thursday, January 17, 2013

Busy day

I've made some interesting observations about my diet: when I eat wheat, I cough a lot afterward.  Hm.  Let's add the rare outbreak of hives and I think I have a wheat issue. 

I got a few things this week for my "last meal" - like, ice cream, a stuffed crust pizza (if you are not low carbing, the Walmart Stuffed Crust Pizza - the one you find in the deli, is excellent), etc, and without fail, wheat = coughing. 

Ron hates that cough.  He's going to love next week.  No wheat, no cough. 

Depression was pretty bad today, but I did OK.  We went to the warehouse and got some supplies, then we went to work and stocked them.  I got 4 kinds of pastries.  They are all proven best-sellers. 

The Honey Buns were so large I had a hard time closing the tray.  When I stock a snack machine, I - visual aid: 


This snack machine has 6 trays that run from left to right.  They have various release mechanisms (I stock 3 different types of snack machines).  I engage the release mechanism and pull out the tray.  Each tray has several coils, running from back to front.  I put one item into each coil slot until the tray is full, then I push it back into the machine. 

The honeybuns were so tall, I had a hard time shoving the tray into the machine!  I tested them, though, and they will vend properly. 

I HATE getting ripped off by a vending machine, so I always check.  I helped Ron stock everything else, food, bottled soda, canned soda, coffee.  We filed the sales tax.  "Our quarterly mugging" I call it. 

We are a SMALL business so we can file quarterly and mail a check.  It's good for postal business anyway.  That would be kind of rude to e-file. 

The second quarter of last year, I filled out the check, except for the amount!  I had our ID number and everything, signed it, dated, but no amount!  The man who called was very nice about the whole thing, especially when Ron told him I am medicated. 

I was careful to check, the check, before I sealed the envelope.  All done. 

I loaded up a small hand cart with sodas for the Christian bookstore.  They need a couple of cases.  We're going tomorrow. 

We did it all!  Then we left, and came home. 

I took a nap, Ron went to the liquor store.  I had a nightmare.  It was pretty ugly.  I guess that's God's way of keeping me upright when I'm depressed.  He knows I'd rather live in bed when depressed. 

One time, almost 20 years ago, Ron timed me.  I spent 16 hours straight in bed on a day off.   That is very sad. 

At any rate, I get a little mania pop up now and then.  So, this will end.  I only took the boring cough stuff (the guiafenesen tablet - doesn't do anything but a dry mouth). 

Ron and I have a busy day tomorrow.  Good.  I need it. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sleep and sleep and sleep when I am depressed. It is like I have been bitten by a Tesetse fly
I empathize. The pain of my arthritis is what finally gets me up