Monday, January 14, 2013

Bandwagon

I've decided to restart Atkins within the week.  A couple of things led to it: getting fatter - harder to do things.  Hurting more. 

The big one: moods.  What if I can improve my moods by eating lower carb?  I seem to recall the depressions weren't as bad. 

It's also simple things - I start coughing every time I eat something with wheat, then I get wierd abdominal pains.  I figured out my plantar faciitis hurt horribly every time I ate more than an ounce of sugar.  I try to watch that. 

So, if I'm cutting out the wheat and avoiding sugar, I might as well go whole-hog.  I have zero energy and little motivation, but I figure I can only help myself. 

I just want to re-read some of my low carb diet books and have a few "last meals" before I climb back on the very patient bandwagon. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is an excellent idea! I always feel better eating low carb. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You also may be gluten intolerant

icebear said...

I love Atkins...it just got too expensive for me.

Anonymous said...

You did really well on low carb, even though you snapped at me for saying this before and said you were mean. I never saw that! You knitted beautiful things, got tons of exercise, grew a lovely garden

The ups and downs for even the so called " norms" eating things like sugar and white flour ect.. Are pretty severe
I give grandson a piece of toast with jelly...he spins and crashes
Low carb is only expensive if you don't know how to do it ...Heather is a fantastic role model for ANYONE who wants to low carb on a budget! Read this blog, if she puts her mind to it we are all in for some great low carb ideas!
I am a cheddar burger lover!

Jillian said...

The thing to watch with high-protein, Atkins style diets is that they can be very tough on your heart, for people that are at risk.

Heather Knits said...

To Anonymous: I don't think all the activity goes to my diet. I think it went to I had a lousy lithium level and got manic a lot. I can conquer the world when I'm manic, but at a proper lithium level I have a lot of fatigue and pretty much no manias. Boo.

HOWEVER we shall see. I can't go on like this, getting fatter and horribly depressed. I intend to view this as a prescription.

Eating low carb, all my health markers were excellent - so good I got a LARGE life insurance policy for $10 a month. Cholesterol was low, Blood Center loved me. And, I was eating enough iron and protien that I could donate several times a year. I seem to recall the depression was better, but that's the problem with a rearview mirror - I think I see what I want to see. :)