Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Off Day

Down another pound!  Yay! 

I woke up late today, no God Time, barely got a shower!  I used my new hair cream on my ends and I like it.  The ends are nice and curly, cute, shiny, not greasy.

It didn't take long, either.  I hate taking forever "making up".   One of my dearest friends is a guy with very wild hair, looks like he just got out of bed (not Ron, someone else). 

Ron and I had a trip to Walmart.  We - meaning I - hate to shop when it is busy.  Ron bought a case of beer on his own.  A woman in line behind me had seen Ron and asked about it.  I said "I don't buy alcohol". 

"OOOOH".  Yeah. 

On the plus side, Metrolift (all good rides today) had given me enough time to find the perfect wide tooth comb, look at various hair "dressing" products, decided I didn't need more elastics, consulted my aunt about cocoa butter cream (she hears good things), and selected a jar of same. 

I used it by the way, the Palmer's in a jar, on my flabby areas, hands, and feet.  My feet loved the stuff, and my hands still feel nice.  I'm glad I got it. 

As I've gotten older my feet are drier, in particular.  Or maybe they just hate my work shoes.  I think I'm pretty good to my feet, no heels, no painful shoes, but I don't generally moisturize. 

I just had a horrific vision of a foot fetishist getting excited, so that's it. 

Ron needed a certain adapter for our freezer at work, not found.  I looked at the soda.  No generic Diet Dr.  I got a bottle of Diet coke with lime - I love that stuff and happy to pay full price, and some instant tea. 

I like tea.  When we first got to Houston Ron used to make me a cup of tea every morning when he heard my alarm go off.  Years later, he'd fix a sausage patty every morning, for me.  He would be happy to fix me a morning thing now, if I asked. 

However, I tend to get up far earlier.  I do my God Time; which didn't happen this morning. 

Oh, and I was down another pound.  Yay!  Total 9 pounds. 

I showed Ron a couple of buckets of lard at Foodtown - the 4 pound size.  The next time you go to the grocery store take a look.  I would like to lose 50, would be thrilled to end it at 150 pounds total (that would be 83 pounds total).

[shrug]  I won't be working out for an hour and a half every day like I did before my diagnosis.  I take medication that clearly states "weight gain".  So, we'll see.  It will be an adventure.  I did get down to 170 taking medication before so I think I can do it again - even though the meds are different - they are actually easier to lose wieght.  Two of them, that is.

Lithium has a bad reputation but I think a lot of that is just water retention.

At any rate, I may need to start looking for clothes, too.  When I sorted out everything in my closet I had another pair of 20W jeans, 18W shorts, fine for fun but not for work or church.  I also had a pair of 18 misses jeans.  Then I have some 14's. 

Time to hit the Family Thrift Center.  We had some rain today or I might have gone out. 

Back to Walmart.  I got my drink mix, cottage cheese (I like it), some cheese sticks (easy and very good with my salami sticks - you can get them at Sam's  'Trails Best Salami Sticks'), and that was about it. 

Oh, and Ron said he'd buy a covered litter box.  The romantic devil!  So, I found it and put it in the cart.  I just need to clean up the floor around the old box, put the new one there.  Hopefully Baby Girl likes it. 

An open box is a lot of extra housework I don't need, when I'm already a terrible housekeeper.  I mean, Ron has clean clothes.  Plenty of food in the fridge.  Toilet and shower are clean.  Ron can get around safely.... but for a long time my house could have been on hoarders. 

However, every time I get manic I purge, and things have improved a lot; but I don't want a hoarder house with a foot of cat poop on the floor.  Sorry if you were eating.  Ron called, told me I had 20 minutes to checkout, and asked for deli chicken. 

I got him some.  I was hungry.  I got me some.  According to Fitday I didn't do too bad.  I even got a very small portion of mac & cheese.  The nice thing about deli food - it is weighed so I can put the exact numbers in.  Then we got some chicken for the driver. 

I ate my chicken pretty fast, ate the mac at home, and took all my pills.  I was fine.  Good to know I can do that.  Some meal combinations + lithium make me horribly sick.

Ron made jokes about chicken - because I only eat chicken when I'm at a certain point in my cycle.  I guess it has a nutrient. 

Our ride came pretty quick and the vehicle was packed.  One of the clients was very large and I noted her discomfort, to remind myself at a later point why I am committing to weight loss. I'm not going to guess how she got there.  That's her business.  She looked so uncomfortable. 

We dropped her, and then we got dropped.  The driver asked about Baby Girl.  Apparently the cat was sleeping.  She's a big hit with the drivers.  I don't know if I told you, one guy picked her up and kissed her.  She was very gracious about the attention. 

I put away the perishables, did my God Time, and went to bed, after I put on my new cocoa butter cream.  I had a wierd dream about burning plastic and got up.   Ron and I talked a little bit, planned tomorrow, and I turned on the computer. 

2 comments:

Mark said...

Congratulations! Let some of this rub off on me pease?

Jillian said...

Good for you on the weight loss, you're doing great! You can do it!
I lost just over 40 lbs before I got pregnant. Now, I will have to work on losing baby weight afterwards...ha.
Our house is a disaster zone. I wonder if it's a bipolar thing? Both of us working full-time are just too zonked at the end of the day to clean. And I have zero motivation even though the mess bothers me. We will have to have it clean for baby, I'm committed to that. It's just when it's only us, i get lazy.