Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Pocket Issue

Houston was supposed to get two days of epic storms.  [snort]  Yeah. 

I guess God went easy on us, because yesterday was more of a light drizzle. Today we got a little rain but we needed it. 

Yesterday, I was pretty depressed.  My Dad always had one of those "Dad" sayings.  "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."  My mood was so black I figured it would be better not to blog at all, and besides, it would have involved turning on the computer.  Yeah, pretty bad. 

I did manage a shower.  Yay!  I do love my shower.  It's so wonderful and fun, better than a hotel, I think. 

Ron just walked by with his pants off.  Huh.  Sad to say it took me a while to notice!  

No, I don't need to put an adult label on this post, although it would be fun to do that on an boring post just to see how many hits it got.  I'm definitely a little more manic today. 

I took 2 Wellbutrin (as prescribed) with some whole fat yogurt, but it didn't sit too well.  Ron and I went to Walmart.  I needed various items.  Girl stuff (although as it turns out I got the wrong item).... let's look at my reciept. 

Diet soda, 2 liters.  6 bottles.  That was a little challenging getting into the cab at pickup time. 
Frozen breakfast sandwich items (the sausage biscuit type things).  Ron got burritos and biscuits, I got sausage biscuits and sausage, eggs, and cheese biscuits. 
Disinfectant spray.  Citrus fragrance.  I can always use that.  Not that anyone's going to accuse me of tidiness. 
18 rolls of toilet paper ($3).  I use a lot. 
A litter mat.  Apparently catches the litter so it doesn't make mountains all around the box.  I need to sweep and mop, then put the mat down. I just hope it doesn't scare the cat. 
Glycerine facial soap and a girl thing.
Instant sugarfree iced tea packets (one makes about a quart if you like it diluted, which I do).
Pocket T-shirts for work.  I really need to be able to put my keys and phone into the pocket when I'm doing heavy lifting (a fair portion of the job description).
A hunter orange fleece hoodie - great for Bible Handouts. 
Paper plates and sugar free cough drops (I'm still coughing)
White chocolate
Gloves (I like to give them to drivers on cold days)
Ivory soap
$1 Cold remedies (I don't need them, but I like to give them to sick people I encounter - they love it).
Sharp cheddar cheese (I have some cooked meat things in the freezer, easy to put some cheese on top). 

I managed to fit it all, save the toilet paper, into my giant tote bag and my insulated cold bag. Ron got beer.  He had me leave him by the door and called and got someone to help.  He likes to do it that way and I'm not involved.  I was teasing him about his "baby" and told him he was going to murder his baby {by drinking it}.  He made faces at me and laughed.  He carried the beer himself. 

I was surprised, Walmart was out of a lot of things, like deodorant and even the litter box freshener.  Thank God they had my soda, food, and t-shirts. 

We got some takeout meals from the deli and they smelled delicious.  I got the driver a corn dog and some mustard. The ride came pretty quick, but it was pouring.  The driver felt bad he didn't have an umbrella for me, but I don't mind the rain.  It was pretty warm, off the Gulf.  I got pretty drenched, helping. 

I think it is the height of rudeness for an attendant (my paratransit classification) to leave the driver to put up or take out the groceries.  Hello, he is the DRIVER.  It doesn't say sack boy. 

That's my job.  [tongue sticking out]  So, we got it all in the house and poor dumb Baby Girl tried to go out, but caught herself right before heading out in the rain.  I called her back in the house. 

I put everything up (we're going to eat like kings for breakfast), ate, fighting off the cats, and took my pills.  Then I took my nap.  I woke up really cold but threw some more blankets on the bed. 

The doorbell rang.  I got something I've been expecting.  Yay!  That was fun. 

Tonight I just need to wash the 8 new t-shirts I bought for work and get them hung up.  I think I'll round up and segregate the non-pocket t-shirts so I can only wear them away from work.  The pocket issue has been ongoing for a while so I really needed to do this. 

Tomorrow: work.  I need to do snacks and hopefully the rain encouraged everyone to shop with us.

4 comments:

Jillian said...

It's so surreal to me to hear alcohol being bought at Wal- Mart...heheh. Here in Canada, you can only buy liquor at the Liquor Mart (Liquor Comission). While they are readily accessible and it certainly doesn't stop alcoholics, I wonder if it's more tempting for alcoholics to see liquor everywhere they go in the stores? Just thinking...

Heather Knits said...

If you think that's wild, you'll love this: In CA, when I drank there at least (1992-2000) a legal age customer could buy alcohol 20 hours a day. Hard stuff, like vodka and whiskey, from 6 AM to 2 AM. Where? The grocery store. The drugstore, just about everywhere you could buy a bottle of soda, you could buy hard liquor. I imagine it must be pretty difficult to live a sober lifestyle!

They did not sell grain alcohol, which Ron can easily buy in Texas, although these days we call it his paint thinner because that's one application.

In Texas, you can only buy hard liquor at a liquor store. You can often find one right next to the grocery store. They do not sell hard liqor on Sunday mornings.

Jillian said...

I think the laws are interesting in how they get really specific like that.
Here, liquor marts are typically open til..9? I think? During the week, then on Saturdays and Sundays til 6. Nothing here really is open til 12 on Sunday (not malls or mainstream stuff, anyway. )
I'm not sure if grain alcohol/Everclear is legal in Canada. I think it is in some provinces but not others.
Grain alcohol IS paint thinner. I hope Ron stays off that stuff, for his sake (and yours of course).
I know when I went to the States , it was so weird to see all the mainstream stores that sold booze. I have a friend from Virgina. He came here to visit in 2007 or 8. He wanted to pick up some wine and suggested going to Safeway. It was so funny when II had to explain the Liquor Mart to him. He also noted that certain things like ice wine and Gray Goose Vodka that are apparently hot commodities in the states and very expensive there, are much cheaper here. Conversely, a lot of Canadians cross the border to go to duty-free liquor shops as it's cheaper there.
I'm glad I don't drink anymore, personally. I think bipolar and drinking are a destructive combo.

Heather Knits said...

He is currently drinking whiskey, paint thinner (everclear), and beer. He had a liter of just the whiskey this week. Ron feels the *paint thinner* is economical, because "I don't have to drink as much". I think, boy, Intervention would love Ron. Glad I can put all this on God.