Thursday, January 31, 2013

Candy bar nightmares

For some reason, I set my alarm very early.  When it went off, Bubba got in bed with me and we had a snuggle for about an hour.  Worth it. 

I'd taken my shower last night - finally dragged myself in there - so my hygenie was fine once I got my teeth and hair brushed.  I did part of my God Time - still need to finish that. 

I was up a pound - this is one reason I hate weighing myself.  I always freak if I go up an ounce. 

Our driver came early, so I bolted out of the house with the Mountain Dew, my backpack, and no medication.  Boy, I missed that Wellbutrin today. 

I did have a funny moment at work; my jeans are getting very baggy in the butt - at least baggy for me.  I'm not used to leeway.  I told Ron about it.   He was sitting in the wheelchair, so I grabbed his hand and put it on my butt to illustrate "See?" 

As I did it, I thought "I hope a manager doesn't walk in."  No one did. 

We went back to work, stocking away, doing meter readings (how much the machine made every month).  I had to figure out meter readings on 2 new machines. 

The State of Texas purchased "Training" but I really am a "throw a manual at me and I'm fine" person.  They were a little shocked I had programmed prices, in fact. 

I would rather figure it out with the manual than have someone tell me.  Horrors!  So, I did that. 

I had a "Customer Service Emergency".  An item priced at 65 cents was wanting 75 cents.  I dropped everything and made sure the customer was happy, then fixed the problem while he watched. 

I hope I am the type of vendor who will drop everything to solve a customer issue.  I hope people think of good customer service when they think of me.  God will let me know. 

Right at the end of the day, the supervisor showed up!  I think she was more surprised to see us, than we were to see her!  "You only come in the mornings!"  Not always.  We like to shake it up. 

Ron and I don't like to be too predictable, and work various shifts, to make sure we're working with everyone.  I like that. 

Anyway, she complained about the machines.  I told her I don't want to stock candy until we get this pricing issue fixed - it's not feasible to make a quarter on every candy bar, if that.  She understood. 

I also explained the other vendor was balking a lot; and I just needed to know if they would raise prices.  If not, I need to take out some candy and put in other items with a better price point. 

I wrote "Candy bars not stocked due to high food cost and pricing issues" on the report, before signing it.  Now they HAVE to address the issue.  That report is filed to Austin. 

Of course, when I eventually got home I had nightmares the other vendor flipped out - not much fun.   But if they really don't want to raise prices they can have the bulk of the candy "sales".  I'll sell trail mix, granola bars, other things with better wholesale prices. 

Agh.  Politics. 

Another early pickup!  And we're off, to our favorite taqueria.  It's Thursday, fajita special day. 

I ate well within my boundaries and don't feel cheated.  I still have leftovers. 

We had a good ride home with one of our favorite drivers.  He talked to Baby Girl when he dropped us off.  I thought that was sweet. 

I found Bubba in my bed, all plump and cute.  He moved over and we slept for a couple hours (I had taken my meds at the taqueria, and they could fell an elephant).  I had the aforementioned nightmares, got up. 

A friend is coming over later, he says God wants him to tell us something, so we'll see how that goes. 

I lit some incense.  I would hate for my home to have an odor. 

We have tomorrow off; and work Saturday.  I like working weekends, as long as I can get to church on Sunday. 

No comments: