Tuesday, January 29, 2013

For Mark

Hi Mark! 

Ron does walk some every day, and stands a good bit too.  Generally speaking he walks into the building (I had all the products in the wheelchair yesterday), which wipes him out.  Then he gets into the work chair and works from there.  He stands as much as he can, then gets into the chair when needed.   He does a little lifting and reaching to stock the machines. 

At home, he is in bed, unless he's getting himself something or in the bathroom.  That does bug me.  I admit I am hugely overprotective, and I don't like to nag him.  I may take him for a "walk" in the wheelchair later. 

About the only good thing I can say about Ron at home - it's a good thing he does have that clot filter! 

Trust me, if Ron could get out of the chair, he would.  He also has the hemiparesis on the right side in addition to the neuropathy.  Even at his "best", before neuropathy, he could only walk about 2-3 blocks. 

You're right, I didn't ask the driver to help.  I was just so shocked he didn't.  We live in Texas.  People always open doors for us, help with the wheelchair, etc... but the guy was not from Texas.  He'll figure it out, helping the customer = better tips.

I have to leave Ron, and his drinking problem, in God's hands.  He knows I will not help him buy it or even bring him a can of beer. 

I hope you are doing well, I pray for you and yours every day.  (((Hugs))) 

No comments: