Friday, January 11, 2013

I love to get an African

I had a lovely morning.  I woke up, pretty tired, reminded myself that since it's my day off I could get a nap later. 

I didn't wash my hair, I can do that later.  I was only going to Walmart.  No, I'm not as bad as that photo gallery. 

Bubba was home when I woke up, and I had a wonderful treat.  He came and lay down against me as I did my God Time.  I did all my prayer and Bible study with an arm around him.  I wish I could get that every day, but it's all the more special for it's rarity. 

Ron complained about my coughing so I took a fake mucus pill (guiafenisen) along with my morning pills.  Later on, I started getting manic. 

Ron and I got a ride to Walmart with a guy from Uganda.  We shared our testimony and he was very interested.  Uganda.  Man.  They have had some hard times.  Uganda  I know he is VERY happy to be here. 

That's an important point that a lot of people miss with the whole "illegal" debate:  we have millions of wonderful, legal, immigrants who only want to contribute to society, live a quiet life, and mind their own business.  People lump the legal immigrants together with the illegal ones, and see them all as evil parasites.  Nothing could be farther from the truth. 

I know this, if you take away all the legal immigrants there are no cabs left in America!  They know the value of a good work ethic.  They are wonderful, outgoing, people.  Many have a fire-tempered, beautiful, faith in Jesus. 

Not that I'm biased or anything. [grin]  But I love to get an African cab driver - a real person from Africa.

I ran in and got my pills.  The pharmacy has been chaos for the last month, overrun in sick people and crowded aisles, particularly the cold and flu aisle.  Today it was empty.  I got my drugs (I always check them). 

For some reason, I have to sign now.  I'm OK with what I'm signing, but the tech says I must be on a discount program.  Huh?  All I know, I paid $24 for 3 months of generic haldol and 3 months of generic lithium, at 4 lithium a day.  If I have to sign something saying they are my pills I'll do it. 

Maybe it's a new policy for "crazy" pills.  I don't know.  I don't care, either. 

That's the kind of issue that would really eat at me when my meds weren't right.  I'm glad I'm finally at the right dose and more in control of my brain. 

When we got home, it was great. I picked up the front room and had a good time doing it.  I threw out a couple bags of junk.  I organized. 

Then our ride came.  We went to the Christian bookstore to do an inventory of the soda machine.  Ron has been pretty miserable with neuropathy for the last month or so, so he stayed in a chair up front while I ran to the breakroom.

I told them about the robbery and all the good things that came out of it, how I want to evangelize the theives.  I do hope they get caught long enough for me to evangelize them.  Failing that, I know God will send them someone else. 

God is persistent. 

2 comments:

icebear said...

i've never had a problem with legal immigrants. i actually have a lot of admiration and respect for them. that is what this country is founded on. the illegals are the ones that frustrate me. they ruin it for everyone. i don't understand why legals don't seem to be more upset at the illegals. they have every right and reason to.

Heather Knits said...

Oh, they DETEST the illegals. The legal immigrants are well aware the law-breakers make all of them look bad. You'll just never hear about it in the media.

But, I've been to Mexico. They don't even have running water. The slum was overwhelmed with the stench of rotting garbage and human feces. I can see why they do risk everything to get here.