Monday, January 21, 2013

Tuneup Day

This might be a little TMI in parts.  I will put some **** before and after if you want to skip it. 

Today was just plain wierd.  I started with a fat old cat in my bed and the snooze alarm.  I got up, did my God Time, and got dressed.  I wore one of my pocket T's, jeans, and my steel-toe slip ons.  Those things are awesome with Ron in a wheelchair.  So what if he runs over my foot?  

I weighed myself, down 3 pounds, but I think that's just water weight from my cycle.  I generally retain about that much, but it will make my Fitday look pretty awesome. 

I had some of the shake I made last night.  Ooooh!  It was bitter!  I think the pineapple enzymes did something.  I will need to make the shakes right before drinking, apparently.  I don't want another one of those. 

Our ride came.  We had a hand cart with some drinks.  The driver kept making "mistakes" driving around.  Instead of using the GPS and going straight to the location, she drove in and out of every apartment complex on Greens road - and they have dozens. 

I thought she was a little -special- but then realized she was playing games.  Ron had mentioned we were going to work.  Everytime she drove into the wrong apartment complex (also drove around in circles a lot), she would look in the rearview mirror.  I ignored her. 

It culminated in our being late, the sandwich guy arrived at work before I did, she lowered the wheelchair lift too far, then said I would have to pick up the entire handcart + contents and lift it up in the air (about 2 feet) and then walk it a couple more feet, if I wanted my merchandise quickly. 

I said no.  She acted like she would do it.  I said no.  I could just see her filing workers comp for a "back injury".  As it happens, God had preloaded a nice huge man who lifts weights.  He picked up that cart like it was a box of tissue.  Thank you, nice man. 

I ran in the building, got the delivery, paid cash with my own money (I got it back).  That's small business for you. 

I stocked the sandwiches and helped Ron put the drinks in the fridge.  Later on, he loaded them.  Snacks didn't need much, nor coffee, but we needed some canned soda.  I did that. 

Today, I did NOT see the guy who ran over Ron.  I guess I was in a rush and missed him.  God's working on me.  I don't want to dismember him anymore. 

We did it all and then left, came home. 

This time, we had a great driver.  She even let Ron plug his MP3 player into the auxillary jack.  We're flying down the Beltway listening to "Old School" soul. 

I'm not a fan of soul, but I don't hate it.  I like dance music, gospel rap, and Jesus metal.  The drivers don't, so we play Ron's music. 

Ron adores Maroon 5 "One More Night".  So did the driver.  I like it too. 

We got home.  It's Ron's birthday.  He wanted to get some gumbo fixings from Walmart.  The driver was very late, playing games, kind of haughty attitude.  I was happy to exit the vehicle. 

And my mood is fine - I'm at a nice average mood.  I'm not manic or depressed.  I'm not paranoid or all the rest.  I was just happy to get away. 

I also had a passing thought, I was glad I didn't work with her. 

I got the gumbo fixings.  I also realized I needed to get some better eating food choices for myself.  Something to eat at work, for instance.  You'll see what I ended up eating today because I didn't plan ahead. 

I got some stuff like fat-free greek yogurt (generic) store brand sugarfree fruit yogurt (also nonfat), cheese sticks, and my old low carb staple, the sausage patty.  All I do is nuke it. 

I figured that would hold me pretty well.  Ron wanted something from the deli, and I had planned to get a bunless hamburger from McDonalds.  However, they had a huge line at the McD.  I forgot a lot of people have today off. 

So, I ended up getting a deli plate lunch myself.  The guy in line in front of me was very rude to the server.  I tried to be extra kind and she smiled at me. 

I checked out.  I brought an insulated "cold" bag, and all Ron's food and mine went into it.  I had bought a couple 2 liters of diet pop for me, that went in another bag.  Surprisingly, I didn't get anything for the cat. 

Unless you count the fact that Ron fed some of his chicken to Baby Girl.  No wonder she's so big and sleek. 

Our pickup was late.  The driver is very opinionated and likes things to be done her way.  That can be a little tiring. 

I tell you, today was just not the day for drivers.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get all my favorites, or the same favorite again and again.  I hope so. 

We came home and I went to the bathroom.  **** When I went to use the toilet, it looked like a crime scene.  Yeah, I'm having my cycle but it should be about done.  Instead, I passed a huge blood clot the size of my thumb.  Freaked me out pretty good.  That hasn't happened in 2 years, that time I think I had a miscarriage.  I had to do a lot of cleanup, thank God it didn't go through my clothes.  Probably premenopause I figure, either that, or I have been using a lot of generic Excedrin lately - and the asprin causes bleeding. **** 

After all that, I took a nap.  When I got up Ron said he didn't want the gumbo tonight.  He had already eaten some of my canned gumbo for lunch, making happy yum-yum noises.  It'll keep in the freezer - it's basically a compartmentalized "Heat and eat" meal.  I fix the roux, add the meats, and cook it.  Then add the rice. 

OK.  I'm not cooking dinner.  I noticed my neighbor was tuning his tools - he does landscaping and it involves a lot of revving of small motors, on tuneup day.  I turned on the computer and played some music. 

Since I'm medicated, I could care less, but tuneup day really used to bother me in the past.  I take a more placid approach these days. 

I think,after I do my Fitday, I'll take a bath.  I got some lavender bubble bath at the 99 cent store and it smells nice.  It should be a nice experience. 

Tomorrow we work; but this time I'll have my cheese sticks. 

No comments: