Wednesday, January 23, 2013

8 pounds since Sunday

I thought it was pretty funny, when I told Ron I made a migraine video blog, he asked me if I had vomited on camera. I told him "No, but it was pretty close". Ron slept through the whole migraine, I think that's a good thing. He would have been very angry at God on my behalf.

He woke up after I went to bed, and cleaned the litter boxes for me. 

I was really glad I was able to do my God Time yesterday, and contrary to my usual policy, will do today's God Time after I log off the computer. 

I did lose weight, down to 225 now.  That's 8 pounds since Sunday. It's a lot easier to lose weight when I'm fat, my body has plenty of storage. 

Today, I woke up feeling OK.  I had Bubba cat cuddled with me in bed, a rare treat.  When I got up, my head started throbbing.  My back hasn't bothered me unless I tried to lift or pull things. 

I checked the mail, my cell phone cases arrived.  I had ordered a set of 4, LG Sentio cell phone cases  for $7, free shipping, from Amazon.  The purple is very nice.  I also have some other colors when I get tired of the purple. 

That'll be the day!  I love purple and other bright colors.  One palette seldom found in my closet: pastels.  I have one lavender t-shirt and that's it.  I also have a work shirt in "oatmeal". 

I brought home some boxes from work to organize my clothes, I plan to sort them by size.  Then, as I lose weight I can put away the XL and move to L. 

The first time I lost weight, I had the bad tendency to wear a size the minute I fit into it, so I often resembled a sausage erupting from a casing.  I plan to wear a size until it's really baggy, then assume the lower size. 

So, head throbbing, I took some excedrin, ate a small cup of ice cream (3 oz and permitted on my plan) and took a phenergan because I was pretty queasy too.  That seemed to do it. 

We got to the warehouse and got Ron his soda and juice.  I asked an employee to help with the lifting.  He put the drinks into Ron's wheelchair.  Ron followed the wheelchair (the walking exhausted him) to the register and we paid.  Then we loaded the loaded wheelchair into the vehicle and went to work.  I only had to push it in the building.  It worked very well for my back, which isn't bothering me unless I pull or lift. 

While working, our guy from the State called and said he is bringing new machines.  We got permission to strip out the old machine that is going away.  I emptied out the naughty vending machine, the one with the coin jams and door problems.  I was OK with it until it started biting the customers. 

We can also talk to him about our need to raise prices on candy bars.  We aren't even making a quarter on them.   That's just stupid.  We're selling them for 90 cents and the gas stations are selling them for $1.20.  The other vendor only wants to go up a nickel because "They can't write a label or they'll get in trouble.  They can't find printed labels" (You just write the manufacturer). 

I told them "I can print up professional looking labels on the computer".  "You can do that?"  (Why would I lie and make an ass our of myself?).  "Yes, I can."  "Oh, we don't want to do that." 

So, Ron can get our mutual boss involved.  Like I said, it's just stupid to sell the candy bars so cheaply.  You might as well give them away, because you are.  Maybe they don't want to raise prices, you have to do it item by item and you have to know how to program each vending machine. 

They seem to be making plenty of money, and have said they don't care about our food cost percentage.  I'm sure the guy from the state will "make" them go up to $1, what we want, and they will be very petulant about it. 

They only work 8 hours a week, if that.  I don't see the "problem" with taking an extra hour and ensuring your business is profitable.  We haven't raised candy bar prices in about 5 years. 

Now, you might say (as the other vendor did), "Well, you make up the food cost on the other items they buy". Nope.  My candy bar customers only buy a candy bar, nothing else.  Then they go off and eat it. They aren't buying anything else to "make up the food cost". 

So, I'll see how that goes.  I don't want to come off all shrill. I think I'll let Ron do the talking. 

Since Rowe stopped making food vending machines right about the time of Ron's accident, we plan to "strip" the retiring machine of all usable parts (we have permission).  I want everything we can get.  Compressor.  Rotator.  Motherboard.  Doors.  That will save us a fortune in future parts. 

I will NOT be sorry to see the end of that snack machine.  I feel sorry for whoever gets it.  The new snacks are made by the same guys who made snack #1.  It's a good machine, it only has one glitch that doesn't affect the customers.  People can't shake merchandise out of the machine. The doors are well built, and don't bite the customers. 

Our guy from the state keeps threatening to take Snack #2.  It's very old, but I love it.  I can also program custom messages. 

"Thank you for supporting Ron and Heather". 

No comments: