Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Wrong Treats

"Those are the wrong treats" Ron told me indignantly.  "Get the other ones."  I got the identical item, except in a canister, and brought it out to him as he sat on the porch. 

"These are Bubba's treats" he told me, satisfied. 

"They're the same thing as her treats, just a different container."  Ron gaped at me.  "Really?"  Yup. 

Today was a little different.  My mood is still a nice normal one.  Not up or down - shocking.  Amazing to think people know they can wake up like this every day of the year.  I plan to enjoy it while it lasts. 

Last night, I sorted out all my skinny clothes.  I have a lot of 10-12s, but only one 18.  My 1X box has 2 items.  Oh, well, I live near 3 good, correction, 4 good thrift stores.  I was really happy I cleaned the top shelf of my closet.  It looks great now.  I had some old boxes from work. 

I am interested in getting into some of the cute stuff I have that will work for church, some cute dresses and a few long skirts.  I just do jeans now mostly, or a broomstick skirt (which is fine for this church). 

This morning, Ron and I overslept and had to redo our plans.  After my shower and God time, I did some laundry. Then he got in the wheelchair and I pushed him to the bus stop. 

We went to the grocery store, and I got a few things for work.  After the grocery store, we went to our favorite taqueria. I got 2 fajita tacos and a small quesadilla (about the size of a taco).  Surprisingly, according to Fitday, the carbs aren't bad, or the calories.  I did get hungry later so I ate some low carb food. 

Ron wanted to call a cab to go home (the fare was $6), so we did that.  We waited a while but I didn't mind.  I love quality time. 

We even got a small taco to go, for the cats.  Only chicken, please.  [grin]  They'll get a kick out of that.  They love chicken fajitas. 

We got home pretty quick.  It was a lovely, sunny, day, a little breeze, warm and a few clouds.  I took a nap for a while.  Ron woke me up, accidentally. 

"I get all choked up when I hear this song" he said, as the love song played on his speakers. "I always think of you!"  Well, that's sweet.  He was drinking by now but has been very respectful and nice to me. 

I don't mind, really, if he is decent to me and not falling on the floor.  Some might snark about high standards, but hey, they told me Ron would be dependent for the rest of his life.  He isn't.  He defied all expectations in so many ways. 

I venture to say most of us, blind, partially deaf, partially paralyzed, dealing with debilitating neuropathy, would drink too!  Of course I am praying for God to deliver him from the addiction. 

I found it kind of sad when Ron wistfully said he'd like to go to the park. Well, let's go.  "But it's so hard pushing me in the wheelchair". No, it isn't.  Come on. 

So, he got in the chair again and off we went.  He sat near the bayou, listening to the kids playing, the sun and wind on his face, and smiling.  When he was ready to go I pushed him back home. 

I burned 220 calories pushing him around, according to Fitday, and got some good cardio too.  That's an all around win.

Of course, I am able to do all this because my mood is stable.  I will enjoy it while I can. 

2 comments:

icebear said...

Next time he bellyaches about you "having" to push him around in that chair, remind him how good it is for you healthwise.:o)

Mark charles crazy for looking in, you make me worry! said...

People with neuropathy can benefit from walking, a little more each day. One of the best things Ron could do would be to ask about physical therapy fornthe nueropathy. Or he will eventually not be able to walk at all. Yes it hurts! But if you do not use it you loose it. You go to work hurling your guts out with horrid migraines . Right? He needs to move. But won't, why should he get better?
Oy vey man folks love your blog, but I am sure can agree, Ron needs to at least try.
There is a PBS show on Sit and Be fit. You could do it together?

Suggestions are that. You put it out, we offer support or advice