Sunday, January 13, 2013

God likes my singing.

When my pastor literally chases me down and tells me to listen to something, I do it.  I just finished. 

"Heather" he told me, "I really think you need to hear this, it has a lot that covers your situation."  Audio sermon 

I'd had a tough night, I had a nightmare I was very pregnant, wearing a purple top, and battling a crew of bad guys, trying to get into a room.  One of the guys had me pinned, my arms behind me, a knife at my throat.  I was struggling and trying to kick him without losing my balance and hurting my unborn child. 

As I fought, the door I sought opened and a wild-eyed, bearded, man chambered a round in his shotgun.  I knew then I was safe.  It wasn't Ron, this guy had brown hair. 

After I woke up (still depressed!  Hating this!  It used to be 2 weeks only.), I took my shower and did most of my God Time.  I asked Him for help on what to wear, and figured out something cute. 

Our ride was a little late, but not too bad.  We got to Starbucks on time. 

If you clicked on the sermon link, you found my church.  It's in Cypress.  Metrolift doesn't go there.  So, we go to a nearby Starbucks and a church buddy gives us a ride.  We did today. 

Happily, it wasn't raining, but it was very gloomy, windy, overcast, and cold.  It certainly fed the depression. 

Church was good, VERY busy.  Good sermon.  I didn't know a few of the songs so Ron got a break from my "singing".  If they had played "Mighty to Save" "Strong Tower" or "Revelation Song" I would have bellowed like an ox. 

At least God likes my singing.  Part of the sermon that hit me: God may want to use you for personal encounters, and not big-scale evangelism.  I felt that God was directing that at me. 

Our friend was leaving soon after church, and Mike (the Pastor) was busy talking to someone else.  Just for fun, though, I stopped, picked up Ron's bad hand, and waved "Bye-bye!" with it.  The bad hand is so limp it's funny to watch.  He can always make me giggle just by waving the bad hand.  Not a bad trick, huh? 

Anyway, Mike broke away from the group and came over to me, told me to listen to the sermon, I agreed, and we left.  We went back to the Starbucks and had a VERY long wait on our ride (over an hour).  I wished for my Kindle.  I want to wait on taking it out in public until I get the case.  Not to mention, we were supposed to have a lot of rain. 

Ron and I had forgotten it was marathon day.  Traffic was a mess.  All the cabs were after runners, so when Metrolift hired a regular cab it took a while. 

We didn't blame the guy.  There we are way off in NW Harris County, he was probably closer to town, looking for runners.  I was just happy to see him when he did come. 

We came home, and I, still depressed, went to bed for a nap.  When I woke up (more nightmares, I think it is God's way of getting my butt out of bed), I ate and took everything, and made some decaf iced tea.  I've drunk most of the 2 quarts already. 

I need to stay hydrated.  I need to get my blood tests in about a month.  I want to display happy kidneys and liver. 

No comments: