Monday, January 17, 2011

Your president

While I believe I'm living in the end times, it's not often that I'm actually reminded. 

Today I heard a really alarming statement on TV: Because of the shooting in Arizona, we "Can't question the president's love for our country".  Excuse me? 

First of all, I doubt he's a citizen.  He wouldn't even wear an American flag pin because "some might find it offensive?"  Oh, I could go on.  If you're read my blog you know I've never liked or trusted him. 

I view him as some kind of puppet, being used to slide in alarming new policies, ruin what's left of the economy, and set a general apologetic tone towards the rest of the world. 

He's YOUR president, not mine.  I voted for the other guy.  I didn't like Palin, either, still don't - but they were better than him. 

Why does question the president's track record have to do with a shooting?  The guy shot people because he was mentally ill, not because someone doubted someone else's patriotism. 

It seems as if this tragedy is being used to limit what's left of our free speech rights.  Alarming. 

No comments: