Tuesday, January 25, 2011

At what?

OK.  Enough with the unkind comments already.  They have been deleted.  No one forces you to come here and read my blog and/or look at my photos.  Sorry you object to an un-vacuumed floor.  [scoff]  Maybe you haven't read ENOUGH of my blog.  I always give the anonymous comments the most credence, of course.  Cryssi, Bubba had gotten sick on the floor before I got home.  I can't pause life, tidy up, and then take a candid photo.  I thought you would enjoy a photo of Bubba and his new "friend".   

If you really want to "understand" - go to the FAS-CRC website and look up "executive functions".  It's very educational. 

Where is it written I am a perfect housekeeper?  I'm not.  I'm one woman with a shitload of problems, trying to keep it together.  I am sure it is very easy to sit there with your normal brain, the car you can drive in the driveway, and look down on my life.  If you don't like it, step out.  Seems easy to me.  [shrug]  Anonymous haters feel like judging me.  [shrug]  So what.  The same people who down their noses at me in my Goodwill coat when I'm having a Day Out.   

That's all you get. 

Still battling some depression.  Bubba has been very affectionate recently.  He slept with me last night, as he does every night now.  It was great. 

Since I was pretty depressed, I slept in some.  Then Ron wanted to talk.  I had a little bit of a headache, too.  AGH.  Anyway, I was late getting out to the bus stop and missed my bus.  I spent about an hour waiting just to get to Al-anon. 

Then, I was late.  I hate being late, like you probably hate the sight of my un-vacuumed floor!  [laugh]  I really debated even going in at all (15 minutes late), but recalled they had been very nice to the 2 women who had been late last time.  I explained about the FAS and public transit last time. 

So, I went in.  Can't talk about it; anonymous and all.  I wouldn't respect myself if I did.  I will say I was told that I am a "very quick learner" and they invited me to lunch.  I chickened out and made excuses, but I'll go next week if they have something planned. 

It was a cold day, windy, and sunny.  I know I got plenty of Vitamin D, waiting on the bus and all.  I can almost feel sorry for Car People because they don't have the outside time I get.  Of course, they don't get the wierd guy off his meds, either. 

Shockingly, I saw no one fitting that description.  Seems like every time I go out recently, there's some manic guy raving off to one side - and I don't mean the party.  It was nice and boring. 

I went to Starbucks, and then the used bookstore.  Everything I read about Al-anon says "learn all you can about alcoholism".  I think I talked about how, last time, I had tried to find some good books but found them all incomprehensible.  My reading comprehension has taken a hit from the medication. 

Anyway, I went over to the appropriate section and looked around.  I found some books.  Opened them up at random sections and read various passages.  I ended up getting 3, at a cost of $20.  I stuck them in the tote bag (boy, the "judgers" really get all frowny at the sight of me in the thrift store coat - which is old but clean - and the tote bag.  It must be nice to have a trunk.  I don't).  I didn't have any trouble understanding THESE books, published by Al-anon. 

It was pretty late; so I headed home after a stop at the grocery store.  I went out into the garden and had a seat in one of my red plastic chairs (see garden video).  Bubba was stalking around, meowing at the birds.  The birds were smart enough to avoid him. 

I read part of one of my books, and Bubba suddenly leaped into my lap!  He has never gotten into my lap in 8 years.  He'll walk around me, if I sit on the ground, but never, ever, get in my lap.  Until today. 

I think he enjoyed shocking me (Ron's comment).  I sat there, petting him with one hand as I read with the other, enjoying the sun and the fresh air.  Did some more reading.  More petting.  I was glad he was in my lap, it was cold and I couldn't get my blanket, which was all wet from yesterdays'  rain anyway. 

So, I sat there in the chair with Cuddle Cat in my lap, wondering what has changed for him; that he's so affectionate.  Is he just older and more appreciative?  Did God put it on him that I needed some affection?  I don't know.  I'll just enjoy it while it lasts. 

Then I came in, did some dishes, and cooked dinner.  Black beans with bacon ends and onion, for me.  I didn't know this, but should have: the black beans turned the bacon a horrible shade of black.  It looks decayed or something; really revolting.  Ron teased me, said he didn't mind. 

I replied, I could only serve them to a totally blind person.  The "partials" would not be happy! 

I also got Ron to cut up some sausage; so I could fix him "his" beans.  He loves pintos with sausage.  They're simmering right now. 

The dog next door is persistently barking.  I can't help but wonder: at what?  On my way to the bus stop, I saw a huge, dead, possum in the road.  It was bigger than Bubba! 

3 comments:

Molly said...

Having a cleaner environment can help your depression..

Heidi said...

I am disgusted that anyone would say anything negative about you ..and what on earth does a little bit of mess have to do with your adorable cat and vew ..I never saw a "messy" bit and whatever on what people say ...

whomever "Molly" is I think it is wrong to assume that anyone's depression would be better

your garden is lovely your house is fine and peopled need to not assume ..

you work your skinny butt off in life trying to manange an illness ..a home and a husband with a huge load of stuff himself going on ..so you have some stuff on your floor??? I did not neve notice it to be honest...

there is stuff on my floor too!!!!

OOOOXXX the heck with that Heather you keep on keeping on and if someone thinks your house is messy they can move along to another blog
I am pissed I am sorry

you give so much and expect so little ..people lighten up already!!!! look at the pitcher of lemonade instead of a few things on the floor

good grief for some of us a spotless house is NOT a priority besides if the weather is nice I think having a garden to work in is much nicer and healthier than cleaning house!

love you Heather ignore them really!!!

Natalie said...

Why bother posting such a negative comment Molly? If you read the blog, you know of Heather's struggles. It seems like a harsh thing to say to someone that has a hard enough time getting out of bed and making it through the day. If you don't like it, move on. Geez.