Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'll come back TODAY.

I really have much better things to do; than an endless recitation of "What-he-did-during-the-latest-blackout".  He didn't appear to have hurt himself, or me. 

I'm going out; even in this miserable weather, it's better than dreading the conflict the moment he wakes up.  I copied this: http://www.aa.org/subpage.cfm?page=71 and put it on a flashdrive which I hung on his door. 

I really liked this one: Do you have "blackouts"?


A "blackout" is when we have been drinking hours or days which we cannot remember. When we came to A.A., we found out that this is a pretty sure sign of alcoholic drinking
 
and:
 
Has your drinking caused trouble at home?


Before we came into A.A., most of us said that it was the people or problems at home that made us drink. We could not see that our drinking just made everything worse. It never solved problems anywhere or anytime.
 
I also wrote a few brief sentences letting him know HE moved the couch and lined up all my shoes in front of the fridge.  He fell on the floor and lay there for a few hours last night.  I know better than to help; either he'd just fall again, or he might "turn".  I didn't want him blaming me for that.  I also left the couch where he moved it. 
 
I told him, I'd come back TODAY. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

are there any ALANON (I dont know what the spelling is you know the AA for families of alcoholics) is there a meeting near you could attend?

I have had friends tell me they were such a wonderful lifeline for them even when their spouses would not stop drinking they had a group who empathized and support..
is this an option for you Heather I wonder?
many hugs!