Monday, January 10, 2011

The shrieking and all

I forgot to mention: remember about a year ago?  I lost some money?  I found it today. 

I had looked everywhere, including my copy of "Botanica's Organic Gardening".  It is a fascinating book.  COULD.  NOT.  FIND.  THE.  MONEY. 

I had taken a cab the last time I had the money, and I really wondered if I had dropped the money in the cab.  The driver had his whole family riding, which I found kind of odd.  [shrug]  It was a memorable trip.  The mother and 3 kids sat behind me, in the last row.  STARING at me. 

Yesterday, I bought some seed potatoes.  I read my garden books and got the data I needed to get them started.  I remembered "Botanica" today, and took it out of the closet. 

I opened it up, and what should I find at "Berries"?  A paper bank envelope.  I opened it.  YUP. 

The shrieking and all got Ron worried, until I told him.  I prayed about it.  Obviously, God wants me to have the money now. 

I put half in my savings hidey-hole, and the other half went into my pocket.  I also save my change.  Usually I split it between emergency fund, and charity.  From about November to December, I felt God telling me to save it - for myself!  Get myself something nice! 

OK - I could do that.  I cashed it in today.  $30.62.  Nice. 

I also read, in Botanica, a great tip on an easy harvest method.  Plant the potatoes an inch or two deep, then mulch thickly.  At harvest-time, just pull off the mulch and pick the potatoes off the ground.  Sounds easy, and fun. 

Since I do have wildlife, I'm glad I also planted a couple into a large plastic pot.  One way or another, I ought to get some 'taters. 

When we came home, I took a nap.  I slept for about 3 hours, I think.  I have no intention of catching whatever Ron's got, if I can help it. 

Yesterday I got a bell-shaped seed cake for the birds.  It hangs on a chain.  When I went to sleep, it was intact.  When I woke up, the top half had been eaten off. 

SOMEONE had a good time!  I wonder who it was, the sparrows?  Blue Jays?  Doves?   I can hear the sparrows outside my window now.  They are very faithful; an hour at sunrise, and sunset, every day. 

I hope they get some of the birdseed. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

it makes me smile to read your blog today :)

gardening has carried me safely through some pretty troubled times

dirt under the nails is "a good thing"