Tuesday, January 18, 2011

So I did it...

I went to an Al-Anon meeting. 

First, I got up and did my God Time.  Chuck came over and gave us a ride to the garden center.  I got some bagged soil amendments and loaded them into the truck.  While loading, I realized I had forgotten, and the cashier had not rung me up for the sand.  I went back and paid for the sand. 

She was really shocked.  How sad.  Like Ron said, that's two commandments: lying and stealing. 

Chuck, in the guise of "informing us about developments" tried to pump us for information and tell us how the Post Office would manage to combine 2 offices.  Of couse they would be doing ___ , and they HAD to ____.  We told him, our boss has assured us we will only be doing vending, and in the very unlikely event they do a cafeteria it will have a profitability clause: no profit; they close - and some other vendor. 

The old days of going into the deli and bossing us around are over, boys.  Besides, we have a Burger King, a chicken place, a donut shop, several covenience stores, a McDonalds, and a Taco Bell all within driving distance of the plant.  They don't have a lack of hot food; it's all around. 

They only did the hot food deli as an experiment, one that failed.  It consistently lost money, regardless of management.  The one downtown was so bad they closed it in 1991.   Our area is a stockroom.  We don't have any foodservice equipment. 

Anyway, I'm not going to worry about things that MIGHT happen in the future.  What's the point? 

I just found it annoying....I hate fearmongering and gossip. 

We came home, I unloaded my sacks of cow poop, potting soil, landscaper mix, and of course the sand.  If I get some sweet potato starts, they like a lot of sand, so I plan to put them in a large container with a sandy blend. 

After that, I took my shower!  Ha!  I was pretty filthy and had a barnyard fragrance.  I saw a chickadee, ring-neck morning dove, mockingbirds, blue jay, and sparrows all eating my birdseed today.  I'm glad they enjoy it. 

I looked all over the house, couldn't find the directions (bedside table).  I headed out the house anyway and caught the bus. 

I managed to use the mobile application on my phone to find the meeting.  A little walking and I'm there. 

Half an hour early.  They were open.  OK.  I had some soda and soaked up the ambience. 

Then meeting time.  It's confidential.  I can say I cried; I think finally admitting that Ron has yet another serious problem.  [sigh]  One that can't be fixed by surgery. 

They were nice and gave me some tissues, without getting all fussy.  They gave me a newcomer packet and got me to commit to coming back. 

[shrug]  Nothing there to scare me off, and they seem to be fine with me arriving early.  The way the buses ran, it was half an hour early, or late.  I hate being late for anything. 

The thing I found surprising, the Al-Anon attendee has the same 12 steps as the alcoholic.  Admitting there's a problem; yeah.  Turning it over to God, pretty much done; still have some work on that one. 

I told Ron I was going to "A caregiver group".  At first he thought it was a reflection on him; he's so awful I have to go to group.  I told him, it's not about you, it's about making me the best and strongest person I can be.  All of this is true. 

I don't think he'll be obstructive.  That's good. 

So, I went out and had some fun after the meetin'.  I got some sweats at Walmart, and some Hollyhock roots.  I need to do some research on Hollyhocks.  I love the way they look; never seen one live and blooming, but the pictures are glorious.  I can certainly stick a few in the garden beds. 

Then I met Ron at Starbucks.  I didn't have time to go to the linen shop; I've been trying for a while.  Tomorrow. 

Then we came home, I took a nap, and here we are. 

No comments: