Thursday, January 13, 2011

Obviously, time for a checkup

Last night was not fun.  Tremendously heavy bleeding, large clots, and a great deal of alarm.  I have never, in my 23+ years of cycles, had a cycle like this.  I estimate I lost about 2 cups of blood. 

Obviously, time for a checkup.  Things appear to be normal now (although I need more tampons!  I went through several yesterday), so I don't think I need urgent care of anything. 

I'm a little dizzy and tired, but that's pretty normal for me.  I also figure stress has to play a factor in all of this, too.  The fact that I've been at (pardon) Red Alert for the last day is a factor. 

I just never knew my body was capable of producing all that!  It was like "The Blob" meets "Red Tide"!  [snorting with laughter]  It all goes to the completely wierd life I live.  

I was just thinking, what a nice normal cycle it's been.  Every 30 days, same amount of fluid, very predictable.  Mom reminded me recently, I always had a terrible time with my cycle.  Early, late, and always accompanied by horrendous pain.  I should have known something was brewing. 

I was glad I had doubled up, a ultra tampon with the ultra pad.  I needed both.  "Red Tide", indeed. 

So, other than that, things have been alright.  We went to work, worked, got the coffee machine fixed, attempted to reprogram a price on "The Beast", it won't let us.  Stocked, and even had time to mash up the cardboard. 

We went to the bank.  Metrolift left us there for over an hour, so I went exploring.  I found a good restaurant and got Ron some takeout.  I got some butter so I could make my sugarfree peanut butter no bake cookies. 

They are VERY rich.  I am happy they are sugarfree.  The Walmart version (which was a Bad Thing, and eaten) had sugar as the #1 ingredient.  My version has about 7 carbs per cookie, and I can only eat 1-2 at a time. 

When we got home, I made them, then took a nap.  Mr Bubba Cat was asleep in the bed.  He let me have the left side of the bed, by the window, as he occupied the middle. 

Don't tell, but he's become quite the Cuddle Cat in his old age.  :) 

3 comments:

Rachel A. said...

I had the same thing when I was perimenopausal. Not to gross you out, but....

[Gross-out]It took a long time before I could eat chicken livers again, if ya KWIM[/gross-out] A nice large steak will help you build up the iron again.

Ron said...

Please make a video about this!

Heather Knits said...

Rachel, I laughed my butt off. That was just what I needed!

"Ron" - I know the video would violate rule #1 "Don't scare the normals".

Besides, what's to say? I gave birth to a litter of extremely disturbing blood clots? :)