Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cherry Pick

When I got paid, I'd budgeted $15 for internet money.  Maybe I'd buy some seeds, vitamins, or who knew. 

Last night, I decided to go hunting for some music.  I laugh at myself, sometimes.  I have a 1 gigabyte MP3 player.  I like it a lot. 

My phone has MP3 ability, and I put a 8 Gig chip into it; but I find the old player more convenient.  Anyway, I looked around.  I downloaded "Rock On" and "You'll Never Take Me Down" by KJ-52.  He's a self-described "Plain White Rapper".  He grew up in the suburbs.  I like him. 

I seldom, if ever, just buy anything by a certain artist.  I prefer to cherry-pick.  I'll take that, and that; and that one by him. 

Of course my Amazon "Recommendations" are rather schitzophrenic; I help Ron get his music, too.  [snort]  I looked around; in conjunction with YouTube.  Sometimes the sample track is promising, but when I listen to the whole thing I think "Ewww".  Or, a not very promising sample turns out to be a lifelong favorite. 

Anyway, I found something by BabyBoy - who has turned his life over to Jesus.  I only listen to GOSPEL rap.  Anyway, his version of "Under Pressure" was very promising.  I looked up one of his collaborators, which led to Manfest and "Bring the Ruckus" being downloaded. 

They had some specials, so after review I bought the entire "Pro" and "Lacrae; Rehab" albums for $5 each.  All done.  I only have room for maybe 130 songs on my player, so I had to pluck off a lot of stale tunes to make room for the new stuff.  I did that.  I'm very pleased, everything has the intensity I crave. 

I also need to back everything up; onto a flashdrive.  Along with my photos.  I was happy I did something nice for myself.  I read the first devotional in my 12 step Bible. 

I slept in with Bubba; woke up around 7 AM.  When did that become sleeping in?  Ha! 

I took my shower; Ron was pretty moody.  I did my God Time (twice a day), and ate something.  When Chuck knocked at the door, I was bagging up candy.  Most of which I handed out. 

Off to Foodtown.  I bought some stuff for work.  Then Sam's Club, where I bought insane quantities of soda.  I did case after case of bottled soda; and other drinks.  After all, we had a RIDE. 

Chuck has offered to be our driver, after he retires.  Of course we'll pay him, like we do now.  He has back problems; I don't let him pick up anything heavier than a "Cup-a-noodles"!  They were on sale, and we got 4 cases. 

So, I put the cases on the cart, pushed the cart to checkout, paid, pushed it out to the truck, loaded the truck (GRRR!), rode in the truck, got the handcarts, unloaded onto the carts in the rain, and pushed the carts to the stockroom.  Unloaded the carts, and stacked up the merchandise. 

I'm glad I'm healthy and strong.  I can tell it would be a bad idea to do my weights tonight, so I won't.  After all that, I still had to FILL the vending machines.  I had to dissasemble the coin mechanism again on "The Beast" (bottled soda vendor), and clear out some errors.  That done, Ron and I filled it.  I did snacks, I did sodas, I checked coffee and stocked everything.  WHEW. 

No wonder I'm tired.  A cold front came in, and boy it was miserable as I left work.  Happily, the driver was already waiting.  Ron staggered out (it's how he walks) and climbed aboard.  We rode around for over an hour before coming home. 

I felt rather uncomfortable when the driver picked up another client and told her "These are the people I told you about, with the vending machines."  Then they both started dropping heavy hints about her needing a job. 

She can't perform the tasks required; we told her no.  Ron does the stuff that can be done by a disabled person, and I do all the able-bodied stuff. 

She had a little bit of an attitude when we told her no.  Hey, get out there and look.  No one handed us this job, we had to work for it; and you're no different. 

Besides, I can't STAND drama.  Everytime we ride with her it's heated phone calls and loud drama.  UGH.  No thanks. 

Really, the ideal employee would be a retired mechanic or something.  Someone with good "fixit" abilities, physical strength, discretion, maturity, honesty, and a good work ethic.  Assuming we needed an employee, and we don't. 

Paying Chuck $10 now and then for transportation is a lot different! 

Finally, home.  Oh, I had to pee.  That resolved, I checked the mail.  We got something icky, that Ron can deal with Monday.  I'm not going to "make" him do that on his birthday.  He also got a talking book. 

As I came back, I noticed trash was blowing over from piggy's yard.  I picked up the stuff on my property, debated throwing it back (it would just blow over again), and threw it in our trash can.  Someone next door has a big McDonald's addiction. 

I hope they're not feeding that to the kids every night! 

No comments: