Saturday, January 1, 2011

That's what God's for

I have been thinking on this for a few days.  Some of the most comforting comments I have heard, have not been what you might expect. 

"Ron is a major alcoholic".
"Ron, you are an alcoholic"
"Heather, you are carrying a heavy burden!" 
Of course my favorite has been "We want to help" but oftentimes just telling me my life truly sucks is exactly the thing I need to hear. 

I'm not having pity parties.  It wouldn't do any good, it would alert Ron, and put my health at risk.  Not something I'm willing to do.  That's why I have God.  HE does the heavy lifting. 

Currently I tell Ron I am "battling depression" true and unsaid [as I come to terms with your problem and try to plan our future].   He says vaguely supportive things, or begins ranting and calling God "torture man". 

I had a talk with Ron last night, and he shared some things that have me thinking.  God also sent me a dream; one I needed, directing me. 

It's going to be a battle this year. 

No comments: