Monday, January 24, 2011

Therapeutic dose

Ugh.  Miserably toxic from my lithium today.  I feel very tired and queasy.  GLACK. 

Got up, our ride to work was very late.  We were late, and then the pickup was early.  Lots of excitement. 

While fixing "The Beast" again, I pinched my thumb.  Ow.  That could have been REALLY nasty; happily I just have a blood blister.  I could have ripped off some skin.  I was just happy I wasn't bleeding all over the place. 

You can imagine the difficulty of a bleeding food vendor.  Very awkward and unsanitary, even though I am a certified blood donor. 

When we first started; we used to bang our hands on the sides of the soda machine columns.  A fair amount of bloodshed.  Big secret: DON'T HURRY when stocking them, and watch the sides of the columns.  The lockbar receptacle is a notorious wounder. 

Anyway, I think I'm going to keep a log and actually document how many times I get coin jams.  Then they can get a new one under warranty.  I NEVER have any problems with my other Coinco.   The CoinPROs are extremely reliable.  I have never had any issues with them. 

I may actually take the good one out and photograph it, then compare it to the naughty one.  Perhaps it's an easy fix.  Anyway, it keeps me busy. 

I was seriously considering flaking on my meeting tomorrow.  It's a big time investment; on my day off.  Then I got an email from my Dad talking about how useful...and he's so proud... I swear he knew!  OK, OK. 

AGH.  I just remembered my meat.  I need to cook it; although that's the last thing I want to do.  We went to Foodtown after we got home and I found some of that sell-by-date meat at $1 a pound.  I was a little manic, so I got some vegetables and all. 

I'd bought some in-shell peanuts, unroasted, for some odd reason.  I found them ghastly, so I put them outside for the squirrels.  I put some right outside the sliding glass door in the bedroom. 

Sure enough, when I got home from Foodtown there's the squirrel, right outside the door, looking in the window as he ate the nuts!  Bubba loved the show, he squeaked happily at the squirrel. 

He was the cutest cuddle-cat last night.  That's my new name for him; Cuddle-cat. 

Anyway, I got some meat, vegetables, milk, and cheese.  Soda.   A few things for work.  I got some laundry detergent, too.  I could have gotten it at Walmart but I like supporting the local grocery.  It's about the same price either way.  Paid up, they did a great job bagging it. 

Waited a while, gave the driver his pastry (I got him a cream cheese croissant), and went home.  Put up the perishables.  Miserably toxic and queasy.  It's the price I pay, sometimes. 

The therapeutic dose and the toxic one, for lithium, are pretty close together.  My levels are also affected by things like exercise (did a lot yesterday), and hydration (not drinking enough).  I took a nap. 

I had wierd dreams, definitely toxic.  I was glad to wake up; Cuddle cat loyally at my side.  He went out, I put up my soda and rotated my stock.  I like to have 2 cases of Diet Dr Pepper bottles, so I drink the "old" one first, and put the new one underneath.  I did that.  I got some Sprite Zero, so I put that with my stash. 

It's funny what appeals to me when I'm queasy; green beans, diet citrus soda, and oddly, beans.  I wanted some for the disaster kit anyway, so I got a pound each of a couple different varieties.  Hey, cheaper than a six pack of soda.   I got some bacon ends, too. 

I envision a nice little pot of black beans, with bacon and onions.  Yum.  They are pretty low-carb, considering, too. 

I'm not ready to commit to a full blown induction, > 20 carbs a day lifestyle, but I can at least eat better things, when I'm eating. 

When I got up, I fed the birds again.  I have a flock of sparrows, a flock of blackbirds with yellow on their wings (?), doves, jays, cardinals, etc.  They eat a lot of seed, but it's cheap entertainment. 

Tomorrow I plan to call Urban Harvest and make sure squirrels don't go after potatoes.  I would be furious if they did. 

No comments: