Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lizards don't scream

I didn't get sick; although I rode with a pretty sick driver this morning.  It wasn't a bad day, either. 

But somewhere between the mighty rodent hunt (apparently, it escaped and is still live in my home) at 1 AM, the bed collapse at 1:30 AM, the horrendous cramps, the blood clot half the size of my fist (that was a first and hopefully last), the depression, Ron's depression, the cold weather, and still terrible sales, I ran out of gas.  I apologize for the negativity in advance. 

I woke up at 1, rodent hunt.  Tried to sleep, got up at 1:30 to use the bathroom.  Crunch.  The bed slats slipped off the frame and sank.  Ron was actually in a good mood, and fixed the bed, offering to buy me another one (maybe Friday, I hope).  I will need to organize the bedroom so 2 assemblers can come out and make my bed, ha ha.  No way am I assembling it myself, like we did last time.  Crunch. 

Off and on, I heard loud squeaks as Bubba persued his prey.  He has been rather intent for the last few days, staring into and under various things.  I figured it was a lizard.  Lizards don't scream, though.  [sigh]  That was awful. 

Even worse was not finding a corpse.  That means I may very well have a repeat. 

Cramps were ghastly, I know why now.  This morning, cramps were bad but the flow was average. 

Got up, did my God Time.  No headache, felt OK except for the cramps.  I took a couple asprin (probably a feature in the clot). 

I dressed, layering up.  One of the customers said I looked "cute, and warm" in my purple sweatsuit.  When I'm out waiting on my ride, in feels like 20 something, I want to be warm! 

Our first ride was Foodtown.  Ron was in a vile mood.  I got his lemonade, (he loves the diet Sunkist sparkling lemonade), and a lot of cookies for work.  We have supervisory approval to sell my cookies for 30 cents.  They're good, too.  I ate one. 

The cashier commented on the cookies, herself.  "These are good".  I always liked giving customers positive feedback on good products. 

With my own money, I bought a couple of mousetraps, some cheap peanut butter, and some Diet Dr Pepper (we didn't get any on our delivery).  I hope to trap the little expletive, if Bubba doesn't munch it first. 

Out I went, and we rode for an hour before getting dropped off at Sam's Club.  I left Ron at the food court and got the chips, candy, and crackers I needed.  Interesting fact: they hate the cheese on cheese crackers, but love peanut butter on cheese.  So, I sell it.  The food cost rocks. 

Speaking of Food Cost, Ron's boss wanted us to send us a product list with food cost, and prices.  For instance, the saltines I can't get anymore: 11 cents cost, sold for 25 cents.  I know most of my amounts off the top of my head.  I'm proud I do. 

For instance, I save a nickel a bag on chips, if I get them at Sam's Club, vs. the wholesaler.  Those nickels add up, in this economy. 

I did that up later, and emailed it.  He will call Ron if he has any questions. 

As I walked into the building, I noticed the union was offering free lunch to the members.  In the cafeteria.  Our area.  Hm.  It's a mixed blessing. 

On the one hand, no one bought anything.  It was annoying, as I worked on "The Beast", to have postal workers breathing down my neck and making "Helpful" comments like "STILL NOT FIXED?"  AGH.  I don't do well with a peanut gallery, especially when I have to disassemble, and reassemble, a naughty coin mech, twice, fix all the error messages and modes, and then go to TEST VEND and the little expletive STILL eats a quarter! 

GLACK.  Ron had to drag me away, and insist I take a break. 

However, on the other hand, the free lunch got people into our area, watching us work.  They got to see brave and noble Ron, rolling around in the wheelchair, filling the vending machines.  They got the entertainment of watching me with "The Beast".  They got to check out our new product lineup.  So, not all bad. 

I am very glad the winners, won.  One of the challengers had always treated me horribly.  I think I can learn a lot about someone, by the way they treat someone they see as "unimportant", and the "I'm a special, pampered, princess" routine did not bode well for the future.  If she's like that as a clerk, imagine when she is union ___ !  Agh! 

The people who won seem very dedicated, hardworking, and honest.  Good.  I told them I was glad they won.  They liked that.  All very true. 

After work, Ron and I got some lunch, then came home.  I worked on my end of the accounting and reports for about an hour. 

When changing my stuff, I gave birth to an enormous blood clot, half the size of my fist.  The toilet looked like a crime scene, blood everywhere.  [sigh]  I'm blaming the asprin.  I looked it up, seems normal.  Never had one like that before, hopefully never again.  It was deeply alarming. 

 I cleaned up, then took a nap. 

Woke up horribly depressed.  I didn't even want to bring in the trash cans.  I literally forced myself to go check the mail, then the garden (the squirrels and blue jays are obvious in their enjoyment of the birdseed).  I put soil in 2, four inch pots, so be seeded later tonight. 

I blogged.  I guess I will do the laundry, work on the bedroom, and maybe do dishes if I have time.  Things seem to get away from me everytime I turn around.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

my son and I slept huddled in the middle of our bed one time when our chihuahua chased a mouse up the wall and then grabbed it by the tail ...CRUNCH!!!

ohhhhh I so know!!!!! it is so good to have a mouser ..but ewwwwwwwwwww!!!!
many brave hugs!!!!
I miss that little dog she was such a ..well "bitch" and I mean it literally! !