Saturday, January 1, 2011

Your pills, your problem

I just had a very unpleasant experience.  Ron came out looking for his prescription; the one we got yesterday (the stuff for the neuropathy). 

That was a day ago, I have NO IDEA where they are.  I have often told you how my medication really fries my short term memory. 

Ron got upset, I got upset.  The frantic hunt ensued.  I found it, eventually, but as I gave it to Ron I told him:

"No more.  When we get your medicine I am giving it to you.  You be responsible for it; I'm done."  He got upset.  No, I just needed to ___ 

NO I told him.  Your pills, your problem.  I am not doing this again. 

He tried to protest - why would he not want to take care of his medication?  I don't know. 

First it was the name-calling "Oh, that's right.  You don't have the brains of a 3 year old!"  Say whatever you won't, I'm not taking care of your pills.  Then it was "Why do I have the defective woman?"  I ignored it. 

When he finally realized I was dead serious he started making really odd comments.  I expected the whole "God is torturing us, why me?  Why you?" 

Then he made a really bizarre comment about how he didn't "Rape God's daughter" so I must have "Raped God's sons."  I ignored it. 

I decided to listen to Theocracy's "Laying the Demons to Rest" - my preferred method of unwinding.  It was a lot better than listening to Ron attack my faith and indulge in another pity party. 

He actually came into this room, a few minutes later.  "I have a little joke for you!" Then he made the whole raping God's sons comment again.  Am I wierd for finding that very bizarre and offensive?  Deeply disturbing?   He kept repeating himself.  Isn't it funny? 

I said I wasn't in that kind of mood and turned the music up.  You should have seen him run.  I guess, in his mind,  I am a nasty tempered woman now. 

He wonders why I am concerned, but he is just making some really strange comments lately. 

No comments: