Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Wednesday

 So we have been having power issues ongoing.  They did put it on during the worst of the cold but then down again.  Came back last night and still on.  

About an hour after I got out of bed Ron fell on the floor.  I looked and found some non emergency first responder numbers.  And they transferred me to 911.  

Now Ron on the floor, uninjured, awake and alert does not feel like an emergency to me.  Harris county emergency services felt quite differently.  

Part of that may be I filled out a profile for us online so they would have an idea what they are getting into when I call.  It lists all his problems, and mine.  Medications taken.  So they may have looked at that and thought "Oh crap we had better get out there ASAP"  

And they came with the lights on which I found a little embarrassing.  But they got Ron back into bed, did an assessment, and left.  

So we are fine now.  The house is still nice and warm I will enjoy it.  On the menu today: ICE STORM so that will suck and could impede power again.  

I did remember to make a pot of coffee with some bottled water.  Last night I made some tea as the house chilled, that helped but I did have to get up to urinate which meant more cold and losing my built up heat in the bed.  

We are just starting to get some icy drizzle and according to the radio over 1 million in Houston without power so not sure now long we will have our electric.  

I will enjoy it while I do.  

No comments: