Friday, February 19, 2021

Friday morning

 We slept OK, at least I did and Ron was quiet.  

I was very anxious about turning on the water, but I did.... and no leaks.  So I did the right thing: I hired a plumber who insulated pipes when he did them.  I drained the pipes as well and cut the water off.  Do that.  

That was a huge relief, shortly followed by me stampeding into the shower.  I used dish soap on my hair as it was so greasy and it worked well, then I washed it normally (I seldom use conditioner as it is very oily).  I had a nice refreshing shower.  

I dressed and got ready to go but Ron was in a NASTY mood.  I found out later he was in pretty severe pain so I need to remember nasty probably = hurting.  It is easy to forget, even though I do it myself.  

I went to work.  I had high hopes of sold out machines.  Not quite.  They were mostly full.  I saw a generator so I am guessing they lost power and shut down the "non essential vending" circuit which I would have done myself.  They have mail to sort, they are not there to make me money.  

I did remove what I could and sorted some quarters so I could fill the bill changer.  Then I left.  All the bank branches were closed.  For Ron's bank and the business account, and while I do have issues with their hours they do run the transaction accurately.  So I just kept it as $1 bills.  

We went to the Post Office and got my 3 mail pieces.  Then my bank.  I had to put in $20 to cover my cell phone (fee is $35 and I had some in the account).  That was pretty quick.  

But Walmart had been raped.  No warm clothes for sale, no bacon or milk, no soda, etc. I didn't look around because Jack was waiting but it was really bad.  

But during the worst of the storm I was sitting on the couch WISHING I had some Great Value Queso chips.  And they had them, so I snatched them up.  I also got the last 2 cans of Great Value Chili with beans (one had a dent but he will eat it quick).  I only spent $17 total.  

We went home and Ron was groaning as I opened the door.  Ah.  I hooked him up with some Advil and a Kratom capsule.  Blogger has never gotten back to me about Kratom.  Am I allowed to discuss?  Apparently.  He is sleeping peacefully now, it really does work when he takes it. I am happy about that he was having a terrible time.  

So some thoughts: 

  • I need to make some pb&J sandwiches before a storm event.  They will keep and I will have good comfort food.  
  • Next time I would put 20 gallons of water in buckets instead of 15.  I almost ran out of flush water.  You are looking at about 2 gallons a flush.  Only flush for solids.  
  • I need to find my warm socks and put them with other cold weather gear for a cold weather disaster kit.  
  • I need to get a couple sweatshirts to go with my sweatpants.  The sweatpants were very comfortable and would definitely wear again.  I normally don't like sleeves for some reason but when it got cold I wore my hoodie to bed. 
  • Cats were well equipped for food and treats.  Could use a little more litter to be optimal.  
That's it for now.  

No comments: