Monday, February 22, 2021

Monday afternoon

 I went outside and had some fresh air and sunshine, called my sister.  She has a knack for telling certain stories that cracks me up.  

It was nice, fresh air, sunshine lovely weather.  

In the middle of it a young man walked halfway past the house, looked at me, and asked for a bottle of water.   I told him to wait and went in the house.  I got him a nice COLD bottle and also a bag of candy with a scripture booklet, because God sent him my way for a reason.  

When I can I like to hand out a bag of candy with a scripture booklet to anyone who will take it, and I still have a decent amount left.  Still doing that.  

Ron was a little aghast I did it.  After all, the kid was black.  But so's Ron, and Jack.  Not all black guys are thugs.  And God made him.  He was thrilled to get the candy so I was glad I did it.  What he does with the booklet?  Up to him, and God.  You never know.  

I like to think I will have at least a few unexpected friends in Heaven I gave a booklet to, didn't seem "likely" but got saved out of it anyway.  Only God can judge, it is not my job. My job is to make the gospel AVAILABLE to everyone I can.  They can make their own decisions.  

Where do I get the booklets?  Here  You just ask and they send them pretty quick.  I have gotten cases of 500 at a time down to just a few different booklets for my parents to use in their Bible study.  They would love a donation but don't make it a big issue.  

I have handed out a LOT of booklets. Not as many as I would have liked, though.  But as a famous evangelist once said it doesn't matter how many you distribute, did they go to the right person in a state of readiness for God?  If it does you have done well no matter how many that is.  

But the booklets ARE super easy to do especially in a bag of candy (my preferred medium).  

Now I need to figure out dinner, not sure what that will be to be honest.  Ron isn't hungry but I need to eat and take my medication.  I also think I have some home care stuff to do.  

That's it for now. 

No comments: