Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Different than I thought

 So last night I gave Ron lots of attention got him ready for bed.  An hour later he announces he might need to use the toilet.  I go to sleep again.  Yes, he needs to use it.  So I help him with that and clean him up, etc.  It was a mushy poop with all that entailed. 😖  I finally got him cleaned up.  An hour later it is something else and I'm lying there thinking WHY.  I just wanted 8 hours of sleep so I would be fresh in the morning.  That did NOT happen I got about 6 hours of sleep and that was oversleeping an hour.  

I was very worried about getting him in the wheelchair.  I was confident I could get him bathed and dressed, not so confident about getting him in the actual wheelchair.  The last time we did it I had him slide up the bed and then swing around, it was really awful and he almost fell.  And he has basically just laid in bed for 3 months since that.  So a pretty big concern level.  

This time I took all his "bedside" crap out of the way and put the wheelchair right up next to the bed.  Not ashamed to say I prayed about it.  And he made it easily.  Our driver was late.  

The cats hung out with us while we waited.  The driver finally showed and was enthralled watching the cats.  But he has a pit bull and all the ones I have known eat cats.  He wanted to take his own road and not follow the GPS, one of those, also wasn't wearing his mask properly.  We finally got there barely before the appointment time.  

We had to wait forever because the practice was backed up.  We got there before 10 and they didn't see us until well after 11.  Then they got excited because Ron's blood was showing low oxygen on the pulse ox he almost won a trip to the ER.  They finally decided he was cold.  Also chest/lungs sounded good.  [some research indicates anemia can cause low blood oxygen which is probably absolutely the case here].   Then back to waiting.  Blood pressure was 100/70.  

Ron became progressively more irritable and I could tell he was in a lot of pain even with the Advil.  Doc came and we addressed his 2 big issues: more Norvasc, and something better for his prostate.  He said he had something much better and was putting them into the computer when we left; Walmart has gotten back to me and everything is in stock.  It's not a bad deal if they are all 3 months which I hope.  

We had a pretty short wait for our driver but she was on the phone, a personal call, so she pulled way off to a far corner of the parking lot and finished that before she got us.  They are not allowed to use their phone if they have a client on board.  She did take her time fastening him properly and I am always pleased to see that.  

We had a straight ride home. I was a little worried about getting Ron into bed but he made it. I took a nap I was tired, Cleo joined me. 

I slept pretty well for a while.  Ron is snoring away.  I will get his medication tomorrow morning. I have a moderate headache but I will kill it with some aspirin.  

I am wiped out.  

No comments: