Friday, February 26, 2021

Friday

 I went to bed early.  TOO MUCH CAFFEINE.  I finally dropped off.  

A little back story when I took Ron to the doctor I gave him a bed bath as is customary.  Normally he lays down in bed so I can get the deodorant.  He didn't want to do that so I was stuck holding up one of his arms at a time (he has trouble with arm strength as well as legs).  I could tell I wasn't doing a great job with the deodorant but he WOULDN'T lie down and we were in a hurry.  

He sleeps with his arms over his head, he has for a long time.  Anyway last night he woke me up the pits were stinking and he wanted a bath, and fresh deodorant.  After I had gone to bed.  But I wouldn't want to sleep if I were reeking - not to mention it would get on the blanket as well.  So I got up.  

I have a small one gallon bucket I use for bed baths.  I got that and put a hefty squirt of "No Rinse Body Bath" into it (from Amazon).  I ran some warm water and filled the bucket about a third of the way.  I got some washcloths.  

I stripped off his shirt, put it in the hamper, cleaned his armpits, dried them with a fresh towel, applied deodorant (the Mitchum works very well for him applied correctly).  A fresh t-shirt and good to go.  

I went back to bed.  I slept OK after that but 5AM (pill time) came sooner than I would have liked.  Ron took his pills and I went back to bed until 8.  

I managed to get both the Bible study and the prayer time so I was really happy about that.  I sat out in the yard - it was nice, in the 70's, and did my prayer time in the sun.  It was very nice.  I had some laundry working while I did that, I put it in the dryer and then took a nap.  

I had a pretty good nap.  I was lying in bed awake wondering if I wanted to go back to sleep when Ron asked me a question, so I got up.   

I need to give him his medication pretty soon - no reaction to the Finasteride (negative, I mean, it works gradually) so that's good.  That Flowmax though is not cheap.  

Oh well my antipsychotic topped out, some years back, at $240 a month.  I just hallucinated!  And that was in much better times.  But total sum our medication only runs about $100 a month for everything, and that we can manage.  

After I do his stuff I will do mine up for 3 weeks. I was doing mine 2 weeks at a time but Ron graduated to the big boy container of 4 compartments a day instead of the 2 I use.  So I had an extra, put it to use.  I am happy to do up my pills but would rather do it every 3 weeks.  

Ron really likes taking his medication with a "food bar" (Nutrigrain) so I have plenty of those. I won't tell him the bar has vitamins in it, they are very well hidden.  

And when this load of laundry is done I will be pretty much caught up.  I used the washing soda, etc. mixture to wash the t-shirts this morning so I didn't put my underwear in there.  The substances can deposit and cause irritation.  

And I have to go give Ron his pills.  Done.  He always wants to know what they are so I tell him.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: