Thursday, February 18, 2021

So I talked to my sister

 I went to bed early (I prefer to) last night and the power went out, I went and covered Ron up.  He really prefers lying mostly naked in bed with the thermostat set on "high" it is quite a sight.  

When he fell he was very concerned about modesty, though.  The power came back on before it got cold so I slept great.  

But with these space heaters going nonstop it is NOT going to be an $80 bill like last month!  

I got up and did my God Time, had some oatmeal.  Ron wasn't hungry.  My sister sent me a text so I called her.  She answered.  I think she had me in her phone book because she wasn't surprised.  She told me about her medical stuff, which is private, but I will say the tumor was the size of a couple of oranges.  Yike.  But she sounded good considering.  

I was SHOCKED they sent her home so fast she just got gutted!   She lives alone!  But her kids pooled and hired her a helper who comes in every day.  She seems to be doing great considering.  

It was a little stiff (mostly on my part) but she was glad I was OK.  I let her go pretty quick as she's still recovering and needs her rest.  

I took a nap and had a pretty good one.  I did wake up with a bad headache, I have been getting them, I believe a combination of stress and the cold front.  

Tomorrow I will be turning on the water, if the pipes are OK I will take a shower and that will be great!  Then go to work.  

I have been wearing the same sweatpants and t-shirt for a week so I am looking forward to getting into something else.  My hair is beyond greasy.  I remember talking with a black woman and she told me she didn't need to wash her hair very often.  I told her if I don't get it daily it gets really bad, and it is.  I may need to do the first wash with dish soap.  But a lot of people have it far worse I don't think a lot of them took it seriously, they just assumed they could trickle their water and everything would be fine.  

My aunt, from my understanding, had an outside pipe blow out.  She has a patch on it and has water for now.  But she, too, will need a plumber.  

My faith needs work I am really so worried I have a burst pipe.  I hope not.  I will find out tomorrow and let you know. 

The cats are great, we had a VERY small squabble between Torbie and Cleo earlier but that's it.  It only lasted a few seconds.  

When the power was off I kept craving microwave popcorn.  I told myself I would fix some when the power came back.  I remembered today and did that, it was good.  That fake butter grease is so tasty but I could feel it clogging my arteries.  

It's going to get down in the 20's tonight so I am leaving the water off for tonight but tomorrow starts a warming trend and I can finally turn it on again.  

I also remembered my face cleaning wipes, they are moistened with cleanser and felt very good this morning.  

I have no idea what I am doing for dinner tonight.  That's it for now.  

I look so awful I am going to put up a photo as well.  😂

No comments: