Thursday, February 25, 2021

Thursday

 I slept better last night.  

I did have some concern whether the $235 worth of prescriptions (which took my inventory money for the week!) were a one month or three month refill.   I found out later it was 3 months, we can manage that.  He did not put in any refills so we will have to call on that.  

So I got ready, got Ron ready (he stayed home as is customary) and went to the store.  I talked to Jack about billing his sister in law for the pipe repairs.  I told him the last company I hired wanted $600 a leak.  He liked that!   He was going to charge a lot less!  

He dropped me off, I said I'd be quick (he waited).  I had an abbreviated list.  

Ron requested grapes before I left the house, which is very unusual for him, but I am THRILLED to have him eating fruits and vegetables.  I found some nice black grapes from Peru that were pretty good.  I did not sample in the store but they looked, and were, good.  

I got myself some lemons I love to put lemon in my drinks.  

I got the pills, they wanted to talk to me "Give at night".  I explained he had taken the Flomax before but the other one was new.  

I then put my pills in my backpack. I always bring a backpack when I buy prescriptions.  Why?  Think of it, a drug addict sees a bag of pills in my cart, they're going to steal it and I am just SOL.  But it is much harder to get out of my backpack.  

I got a few other things on the list including drain cleaner.  My drains are fine and I want to keep them that way.  I am going to go run that now.  OK down the drain.  The rubber gloves I got are such a cute teal color (just the basic gloves) I am going to keep them.  Normally I throw them out after using them.  

So I got my things and then checked out, called Jack.  We stopped at the dry cleaner on the way because he had some stuff to pick up.  He is the type of guy likes to be crisp and pressed not sloppy at all even if he is in an oversized tshirt and baggy pants.  I don't care what he wears but he said the drycleaning was $40.  OUCH.  And that was for only one load.  Then we went home.  

I could get all my stuff in one load, I didn't have anything too heavy.  I gave Ron some grapes and he really enjoyed those.  Good to see him enjoying his food and eating a better variety.  I put them away along with the ground beef, take 2.  

This time I got the 73% because he could use a little fat in his diet, his legs are kind of dry.  It is good for a couple weeks (I got the chub).  I may cook it tomorrow (sloppy joes).  

I also got some more of the smoked herring I like.  That is always a good snack and good essential fatty acids.  

I took a nap and had a pretty good one but did have a headache.  Not a bad one, but I had to take some aspirin.  Ron needed Advil.  I have plenty of that.  He ate the last of the chicken wings (I got $6 worth and it lasted him 3 days).  I need to freeze the chili in the fridge because today's it's last day.  

The cats are good, Spotty and Biscuit have been super cuddly in particular.  For whatever reason the girls lean toward Ron and the boys favor me.  I don't need to do any laundry which is good.  

Tomorrow I will do some house cleaning I think, I need to sweep and mop.  Dishes aren't bad.  

My aunt finally got a new (reconditioned) phone she is enjoying that.  I hate the camera on my phone but it works for me so I'm not inclined to replace something that is working.  Also: where would I get the money?  Everything went to Ron this week.  I had enough left for minimal groceries but that was it.  

But I have ENOUGH all the bills are paid and I have cat food 😂 so I'm happy.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: