Saturday, February 6, 2021

Saturday

I slept great last night.  I got up at 5 for Pill Time (Ron's) and went back to bed for a couple hours.  I spent my time reading my Bible, devotionals, and also working on the biography of George Muller he and Corrie Ten Boom are two "faith heroes" I admire and respect, and have taught me a lot. 

I had a good shower, Ron didn't need much today outside of a Frito Pie.  He is addicted to them.  He's a little like me in that regard, gets a great enthusiasm for some food, eats it frequently, stops and doesn't eat it for a while.  Basically it is Fritos, chili, onions, and shredded cheese (the way I fix it for Ron) in a bowl.  He can eat it on his own.  Makes a mess but I have a towel we use as a bib.  

I did up 3 weeks of my medication - I have the most pills so I prefer to do them all at once.  Ron's I do once a week, he only has 3 prescriptions so not as bad.  I also (ideally) have him on a multi vitamin and some minerals in addition to his OTC supplements and prescriptions.  He has the "big boy" 4 compartments a day organizer where I just have the AM/PM ones.  

Me I take D, multi, antioxidants, minerals, 4 scripts, allergy pill, etc.  But it all fits.  

It was cloudy and a little chill today; everytime I saw sun I would go outside and it would be cloudy again.  I did not take a nap as I took my shower late and I hate to sleep with wet hair.  

My mail box is broken (the whole box at the end of our block, with about 15 houses).  They are not delivering my mail so don't mail anything, I need to sort this out first.  I will let you know when I have it settled but DON'T MAIL ANYTHING.  I may not get it.  This is aggravating.  

That said it is partially my fault.  That a thug took a crowbar to the mailbox?  Sort of.  I had been feeling less than optimal toward various Postal employees and told God I needed His help working on my attitude that I respect them more, as they pay my living.  

And this happened.  God has His way of working.  

Not how I would have done it... but He's the Lord and I'm just a subject.  

It is like the time when I asked God to teach me patience and He did - through a series of Jobs From Hell I navigated over months, it was horrible - but at the end of it I had more patience and it taught me I could do a lot worse than working for Ron.  

I don't think I ever told you about the one boss I had - she was an accountant.  I was hired as an assistant.  The boss was a cougar type, older, got a lot of makeup and plastic surgery.  I am ashamed to admit the next: one day during lunch she told me she did not think Jesus was the only way to Heaven and I waffled.  That was a horrible point in my faith life.  

Anyway one night Ron had some horrible "tube" infection in his testicle and was in excruciating pain.  We went to the local hospital and were there over a day.  He had epidymitis I believe they termed it, the tube from the testicle was infected (he had been cheating a few months previous and probably picked it up then), had to have a course of antibiotics but fixed up.  ANYWAY we got home at about 4 AM on a workday and he called and left a message on the voicemail, "I'm sorry Heather can't come in to work today, it is all my fault we were at the ER all night"  She found the message "sexy" played it for the other employee talking about what a sexy voice Ron had, wanted a photo of him, etc.  She kept talking about him even saying "I know it's wrong to be interested" and such.  That's just one example of "crazy bosses".  

I worried I might actually have to pimp Ron out to keep my job!  We weren't married yet.  

So God teaches me what I'm ready to learn but I often don't like the lesson!  This is just one example.  The other lesson I guess being last year with the disaster and "You need to ask for help, Heather" I was ADAMANT I didn't want any help until the plumber showed up and freaked out over all the water in the house.  

Hopefully I am teachable.  

No comments: