Saturday, February 27, 2021

Well, that was unexpected. Take 2.

 Ron kept waking me up last night.  I am pretty sleep deprived as a result.  

I did my faith walk and helped Ron.  He wanted spaghetti and meatballs.  Talk about a mess. But he enjoyed it so I don't mind.  I used a towel to clean up, it looks like someone got murdered.  

So I got on Facebook.  Some people from work have sent me friend requests which I took.  I believe it is 6-7 total. I am scrolling a political post by one of them when I see a name.  I do a double take.  Yes, it is the man who ran over Ron.  His profile pic shows him squatting, grinning smugly, one arm around a grandkid.  Another profile pic shows him riding a motorcycle.  

[sigh]  So I got up and went and took a look at Ron in his bed.  A very big difference.  That's all I'll say.  I'll also remind you Ron fell out of bed and required 2 people to get him back even though he is not heavy.  How he requires my assistance with virtually everything but eating and drinking.  For instance: he needed my help to reposition in bed just now.  

I went back and looked at Roy on his motorcycle and then clicked out of the window.  I am debating deleting the guy who was his friend.  But then I would probably have to delete everyone from work.   Is it worth it?  

It was just a shock I guess I can handle that now that I know to expect it.  But ugh.  

It is hard to feel like he looked down at Ron on the ground and walked away whistling.  I know for a fact he did not drive for a while after the accident, likely insurance rates were too high for running over a blind man at a red light.  That's a minor inconvenience.  He doesn't have to live with the reality of the wheelchair and all that entails. 

But I am going to move on, the way I ALWAYS do, because that pleases God.  I did note in all his photos he was wearing a big cross so I guess he got saved out of it "Heather won't forgive me (I did) but God will".  I am just glad the union told him to leave us alone it was very upsetting him always coming up and demanding we tell him Ron was "OK" when he CLEARLY wasn't.  

"Is this all from the accident?  I am SO sorry if I could go back I would" that I would like to hear.  

[scoffs lightly] And I was already battling some depression today.  That name just throws water in my computer, as Ron would say.  

I did find some good news.  My Wandering Jew out front look like they melted, they took the cold snap pretty hard.  But they are resprouting so that's good.  There was a mulch of leaves in the bed which I believed help preserved the stolons and roots.  Good.  The soil looked good too, I poked around a little bit.  

I love gardening but it isn't very practical right now.   

So today has been pretty quiet.  Ron had the spaghettios I had a peanut butter (soy nut) and honey sandwich.  I need some more bread on Monday.  

Monday is going to be a busy day so I am trying to relax.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: